Chapter 1

It was 3 am in the morning. Oliver had just completed his rounds and made it back to the Wade Mansion. That's what they called their base of operations.

It was a grand Victorian style mansion that had been passed down in the Don's family for generations. Oliver didn't really care, though. All he needed was a bed and a roof over his head.

Oliver walked up the staircase to the doors and opened them, entering the mansion. He frowned slightly when he realised how quiet it was. Yes, it was 3 in the morning but there were usually a few people walking around by that time. He shrugged it off and went to his room on the second floor. It was the same floor as the second in command, Vincent. And the main meeting room. There were other rooms but they were unoccupied.

Oliver sighed as he unlocked his door and stepped in inside. He couldn't wait to fall flat on his bed and sleep for the next few hours. But that would have to wait because the moment he turned the lights on, he saw Wade sitting in his bed.

"Fuc—!" He stared wide eyed at Wade who stared back at him with a blank face. His fatigue had been immediately washed off from the shock.

'The door was locked, right?' He thought.

The room was quiet as Oliver waited for Wade to say something. Or explain why the fuck he was in his room, sitting in the dark like a fucking creep.

But Wade didn't say a word and just stared back.

"Er, boss? Do you need something?" Oliver hesitantly asked.

It was quiet for a few more seconds before Wade spoke.

"Report. Everything you've done in the last 24 hours."

"Boss?"

"I said report!" Wade snapped.

"Yes boss. I woke up at 5 am, brushed my teeth and I went to the gym for 2hrs. I took a shower after that, dressed for the day, and went downstairs for something to eat.

...I had an apple. And took my schedule for the day from Vincent. Then I left he mansion around 8.30 am for my rounds —"

"Elaborate."

"Huh?"

"Boy, if you make me repeat myself one more time,"

"Yes boss, sorry boss."

"I went to Morino's right after leaving the mansion. I was supposed to take this month's payment from him..."

Oliver went on describing his day in detail to the mafia Don sitting on his bed in his room. The absurdity of the situation wasn't lost to him but he just complied.

"Then I parked my car in the garage and came inside, ...to find you here. In my room. In the dark. Alone."

Wade stared at him for another 2 seconds before he nodded and stood to leave.

"Boss, if you don't mind me asking, is there a problem?"

"Follow."

Wade walked out the room, not looking back to see if Oliver was behind him.

Oliver quickly dropped the backpack he'd been holding the whole time by the door and quickly followed after Wade. They made it to Wade's personal office.

"Vincent has been kidnapped and we have a mole. You are going to be looking for Vincent so I had to make sure you were clean first. I'll have someone else take car of the rat problem."

The information dropped on Oliver that moment caused his heart to skip a beat.

"What?!"

"Everything about the case is here," Wade said, handing Oliver a file from his desk. "Find him. And bring whoever took him to me. I want to kill them with my bare hands."

"Yes boss."

Wade flopped onto the office chair and tilted his head to the ceiling, letting out a loud sigh.

"Get to it immediately. We can't be sure he won't be... pressed for information. So make sure you get him back before anything important is leaked."

"Yes boss." Oliver left the office quickly, and walked back to his room with urgency. Once the door was closed and locked behind him, he slid down to the floor and rubbed his face in his hands.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuuuck."

Now Oliver's distress isn't from the big mystery he has to unfold or from learning that Vincent was taken.

He felt guilty. And it was the first time the emotion had overcome him to this extent.

He was guilty because he knew exactly where Vincent was. After all, he was the one that set him up.

Oliver took in a deep breath and held it for a while. He shakily released his breath and stood from his position. He walked towards his bed and lifted the mattress up, reaching for the burner phone hidden underneath it. He turned it on and waited as it booted up.

Once the process was done he checked for any new messages and found one.

We got him. Don't mess this up.

'Right. Okay. Okay.' Oliver thought. He had a job to do and nothing was going to stand in his way. Not his own guilt, pressure to bring Vincent back and definitely not his heart that wanted someone he could most definitely not have.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Hey guys, new chapter!

Thank you, NachtNox your comment inspired me to get off my arse and write so here's a big thank you from me💕💕

Grammatical and spelling mistakes make me twitchy so if you see any please draw my attention. Thank you.

So, yeah. Please don't forget to like and leave any comments you have.

See y'all in the next chapter which will hopefully come early.