I blew out a sharp breath through my nose, resting my arms on the table. "What I've learned from being in love is that it's less about the shit you do and more about being able to read the other person." I shot a glare at Ty. "It's about figuring out what their love language is and acting accordingly. Not doing or saying things on impulse."

"It's probably hard to think when you're in love though, right?" Luke asked, swirling the contents of his glass around.

My shoulders dropped and I nodded. "It really fucking is. All you wanna do is make that person happy but sometimes you forget to think rationally when that happens."

Ty and Luke were both silent.

After a beat, Ty shook his head and waved an arm out to the crowd of people on the dance floor. "Go find her then, dude. We won't bring anything from work up if we see her."

"Thanks," I said with a pinched smile. "We'll get together just the three of us, okay? Promise. I do miss you idiots."

A grin broke out on Ty's face as he shoved my shoulder again, before pulling me in for a hug. The smell of alcohol emanated off of him in stale waves. "You sappy fucker. May changed you for the best, bro." He grabbed me by the wrist, pulling my hand in front of his face to inspect my nails. "These are sick. Can you ask May to paint mine?"

"Sure," I chuckled, giving him a firm pat on the back. "We can all get together when we're sober and not acting like maniacs."

Luke held his hands up when I turned to him, "Don't expect a hug from me unless you're willing to see it through."

I laughed, swiping my glass from the table. "I won't go in for a hug, don't worry," I mumbled softly with a roll of my eyes. "But seriously, Luke. If you feel like your addiction is getting out of control, go to rehab, okay? I'll pay. Don't worry about taking time off."

He swallowed hard, taking a staggering breath. "Thanks, I appreciate it." He waved his arm out in front of him. "Now go. We'll talk more about it later. Have fun with your girl."

A small smile and a curt nod of my head were what I left them with as I spun on my heel in the opposite direction. Part of me did feel a little bad leaving them knowing that I was the one who extended the invite tonight, but I also knew that I was going to end up being more of a dick if I didn't find May soon.

There was only so much I could handle, drunk or not.

It seemed like I was going in circles. Like I was passing the same dance floors and the same people, only to turn up short on the one person I was actually looking for. It was driving me absolutely insane. I was almost ready to climb up onto one of the bar counters and start shouting her name when finally – fucking finally did my saving grace come stumbling into view.

There were no longer any people around us, no longer any noise or any music, no longer any sticky remains of alcohol under our feet and scattered across the room – it was just us. Everything else fell away.

May grinned, the action causing her whole face to light up and a small laugh to tumble out of her mouth, as her eyes landed on mine. I crossed the room in two steps, my one hand immediately finding her waist and the other trailing up her side, over her shoulder, to cup her jaw.

"Hi," she giggled, the sound spiralling into the depths of my soul and making me wish I could bottle it to hear a million times over. She leaned into my touch with a small hum. "I was looking for you."

I bit my lip, momentarily stunned once again by just being in the sheer proximity of her and found myself having to take a few seconds before I could respond. "I was looking for you, too."