2 - 3

"MULLIGAN, SEND IT back!" Ivy snickered at Dimitri's nerd comment, knowing Hawk would scold him for it.

"There's no mulligan's in volleyball." Hawk said with an obvious tone in his voice.

"Says you," Dimitri scoffed.

"Water break." Ivy said as she wiped the sweat off her forehead with her shirt, glaring as the two gawked at her.

Moon walked off to the towels she'd set for her and Ivy, both looking over as two girls stopped in front of Dimitri, "Cobra Kai? You guys won that karate tournament, right?" The brunette asked.

Dimitri slowly moved the towel down and looked around before stammering out a loose sentence, "the All Valley — Rumble in Reseda? Yes, uh, we certainly did."

"Cool," the brunette said, "we're gonna go for a swim, but maybe play with you later?"

Moon and Ivy chuckled at their friends shyness and awkwardness as he explained what most-def meant. But it didn't seem to phase the girls, both smiling and giggling before strutting away from him.

"Look at you, player!" Moon giggled.

Hawk and Dimitri started their usual argument on joining Cobra Kai and how that'd help him out with 'babes.' In her short time back, she'd come to realize how bad Hawk wanted his old friend to join him.

Aisha had tried to convince her to come back to the dojo, but each time, Ivy shook her head with a simple no. Moon seemed to be the only one who didn't care if she joined or not, which made for a better time.

"Hey," Moon smiled and grunted as she laid on the towel next to Ivy, "you okay?"

"Yeah, you?"

Moon shrugged, "fine, but I'm worried about you."

"Why?" Ivy chuckled.

Moon propped herself up on her elbows and squinted, "because you still like Miguel and something happened between you two and you won't tell me what it is."

"Nothing happened," Ivy groaned, "we had a conversation about why we didn't reach out over the break, why I left and that was it. It was nothing insane."

Ivy seemed to have convinced Moon, given that she began to ramble on about Miguel and Ivy's star signs and how that would either be helpful to them or not. Meanwhile, Ivy thought back to a few days before when the two talked for what felt like the first time in months.

She missed him, there was no doubt in that.

Miguel was the first person who held no biased opinion on her and didn't know about the problems she'd endured with Kyler and the rest of the school. He was sweet to her and patient when needed, something that was hard to do with someone so hard headed as she is.

But even with their conversation and opening up, things didn't mend the way she expected them to. Their texts were awkward and the two phone calls made were full of silences and awkward interruptions from Carmen or his grandma, who loudly expressed how much she liked Ivy more than Sam. That led to a rather long silence that led to Miguel blurting he had to go.

What she was more confused about was Robby and Johnny, she'd been to his apartment before but never noticed the photo. And the look on his face when asked about him, he was paler than ever and damn near launched out of his chair.