2 - 2

"AH, FUCK!" Ivory shouted, getting up and running to her closet as her alarmed beeps loudly.

She had very reluctantly agreed to meet Rachel to find dresses, heels and all for the wedding, it wasn't how Ivy wished to spend her morning at all, but she could only think about how it might help her relationship with her dad. It would also help keep her mind off Miguel and how he had managed to make her feel horrible with only a few exchanged words.

Ivy shrugged on an old white tee and jeans, running out to her car as she tried to shove her feet into shoes. She held her toothbrush in her mouth as she sped down to the convenience store to find something to eat, along with a slushee she couldn't seem to function without. Cars beeped at Ivory as she pulled into the mini mart, grabbing two water bottles and a cookie. The man raises his eyebrows at her but she was too busy and stressed to pay attention, "you are going to pass out, guera. It's on the house." He said and she waved at him while running out.

Ivy groaned loudly as her chest and elbows hit the pavement. Miguel froze for a second but helped her get up, looking as she dusted herself off.

"Why were you running?" He pulled her purple toothbrush off the floor and went to hand it back, but threw it away instead. Ivy blinked and walked back to the car, Miguel followed her.

"I have to see my dad's girlfriend— fiancée. Picking out dresses and stuff for the wedding." She said, biting her mouth.

"Uh, he's, getting married?"

"I told you about it a few months back and asked you to come, but," she paused and took a second to rethink her words, "you'd been busy with Sam and all, so I'm sure you forgot."

"Yeah, but I could have — I could go."

"It's fine," she mumbled, "I asked Dimitri to go, he's the only who wasn't busy with getting girls or tattoos, karate."

Miguel's face dropped, "I'm not with Sam, you could have asked me again. You know I'd have gone."

"The wedding hasn't happened," she said and looked down as her phone flashed Rachel's name, "and I don't need any pity favors."

"I should have remembered," he shook his head.

"We weren't really on speaking terms, Diaz." Miguel felt his stomach turn a bit at the sound of his last name and not his first. She had only called him that in the beginning of their friendship or whenever she was upset with him. He didn't know which one it was this time around -they hadn't talked all summer but he didn't think she could hold a grudge against him or anyone for that long.

"I know. But you shouldn't have to deal with all that on your own. I - I mean, I know you and your dad weren't close. I could have helped." Miguel had finally said something meaningful to her but it was too late and too soon for it all to get swept under the rug.

She shrugged at him, "I wasn't alone."

Miguel furrowed his eyebrows, "I .. shouldn't have assumed. You could still talk to me if you want to or if you need to." Miguel nodded and watched her body tense up slightly.

"I still don't want to talk to you." Ivy admitted.

Miguel's face turned red and the resentment he held throughout the summer came back. Ivory felt bad but she knew she wasn't ready to have a conversation with a boy who had changed so much, she could hardly recognize. They share a short glance before he stormed away into their dojo, leaving Ivy standing by herself.

Miguel clenched his jaw and walked back to the dojo, ignoring Hawk calling him. He knew he'd made a mistake and he didn't know if he would be able to fix it this time. He didn't call her and he didn't even try talking to her when she came back to town.