Who Had The Command Card? (II)

Pair of legs didn't stop; they keep walking almost without direction. The (e/c) orbs didn't lie when showing emotion of being annoyed. It combines well with lips that slightly frowned.

'What the heck with those people!?'
'Forcing me to drag some unknown old man out of village because they think he is crazy!'

Throughout the cursing words, it wasn't really enough for me; even cursing that bunch of idiot won't give me anything in the end. (God spare me!). There's not even single useful information. It can't be helped but I need to use the remaining time before sunset to gather some information. Asking some random people which in the end- the answer quite same one to another...

'Ah... I do hear about that but... I think it was a lie...'

'It just a word without meaning, young man.'

'Don't trust those words! It has no proof-!'

'What!? Did that old man told it to you!? Ya should forget it, boy!'

'Oh no... Not with that weird story again... The story of that old man sure will turn our village into something bad. I-It was a lie, boy.'

'Don't you ever trust that crazy old man!'

The sun finally set and night comes in no time. People start to leave and go back into their own house. Almost like instantly the road filled with nothing but emptiness as the night wind blow softly, along with the sound of friction leafs. Source of the light come from candle inside the house. It just matter of time before all light from each house will fade.

The problem right now is getting doubled since there are two villages that I should watch over. Although the first village has no rumor about demon. Meanwhile the other seems to denied the rumor and put the blame to the old man. Truly it must have connections towards demon existences.

The sound of flapping wing catch my attention, it's the black crow of mine. They perch in my left shoulder easily. The crow was about to open their beak to speak but mine are the fastest one.

"If you scream in my ear, I will grab you tightly before throwing you hard into the ground."
"Then you won't able to hear my report afterwards~"
"I sense some attitude in your tone. Fill me up."

Even though I already told the bird to speak and tell me the report, they just stay quiet for a while. They coughed for several times before start to speak. Honestly, my black crow- you're just a delivery bird. Not a king! Or maybe you think you're Oyokata-sama?

Heck you're not bird brain!

"Praise me if I got the information right~"
"Yeah yeah...whatever..."
"I found some old wrecked house not too far from the last house of this village. There's some weird smell from inside, so I - the crow-"
"You checked what is inside the house?"
"Of course not! I don't even want to risk my life by peeking into the house! Even though there's a small hole on the window! I.Won't.Go.Inside.The.House!"

God...
Oh God of this world...

Oyokata-sama too...

HOW IN THE HELL I CAN HAVE THIS CROW AS MY PAL-!?

Truly... this crow of mine sure does know how to pick a fight from words. They don't care if they have a small body too. I wonder what those small brain of bird thinking right now...!

I mean, the words of him totally ordering the curious me to find the hell's gate and enter it. What a soft way of wishing me to meet the death~

"Fear not soldier~ If you really curious about the house. why don't you ask the couple corps girl? I saw them around the house."
"If we meet them then I will ask. Any useful words?"
"What are you going to do now?"
"People around here were hated that poor old man. I guess following him won't hurt us if we find out- at least one useful information."

The crow of mine seems nodded their head before flapping away, making my shoulder relaxed a bit from the weight loss. They looked at me as if waiting for some order. So... I give them one.

"Crow. Report to me if you find a demon."
"If you still alive then I will."
"Don't worry. I won't die until I meet them..."
"I shall-"
"Ah, one more thing. Please be my second eyes, crow."
"You can count on my good luck. Stay safe, soldier."

.
..
...
Holy crap!!

Did I say something kind...!? To that bird brain of mine!?

UNBELIEVABLE-!!

Ah...forget that...

Moreover, a wrecked and abandoned old house- sure no one would dare to pay a visit. Especially for civilian, a normal human who have fear of demon. Aside of every words that I heard, it seems abnormal if there's no one that never believe in existence of a demon.

As for demon, they won't think much as long they manage to kill a human and eat their flesh.

And this village, I won't have any doubt if this is a good place for a demon to hunt their food. A small and old village. A quiet village. A dark place that had no light except from the moon. A weird villagers that keep pointing at certain old man. Old wrecked house at the edge of the village-

"And dont forget about the forest too."
"Forest? Ah right-wait a minute..."
"Araa~ Araa~ We meet again, (L/N)~"

Two female voices, it belongs to Kochou Shinobu and Kochou Kanae. I know they also get order to investigate this village. But seriously- do I have to encounter them like this?

Speaking of 'like this' - doesn't it mean Shinobu hear my words out loud? She does added words into mine, isn't it?

In the name of Oyokata-sama, please tell me that I wasn't true-

"You said it really out loud."

'...fuck. I'm screwed up...'

"It seems you haven't realized there's a forest, huh?"
"..."
"Ha!? You really don't know!? Good grief! Are you really a pillar!?"

This girl...
I'm sure she complained from every expression that I make. Now she doubts that I am a pillar - I can't help but sigh in low tone and slowly clutches my chest. I'm sure Shinobu also see my half-sad face.

"Now~Now~ Shinobu~ Don't say harsh thing to (l/n)~"
"But sis- he is a pillar and he seems out of idea! He might have small information and not like us!"
"Humm... You may right."
"See?"
"It must be because (l/n) is busy so he can't gather much information like us~"
"SIS-!!!"

Oh...?
Anyway, let me tell you, seeing the Kochou sister chatting (debating) like this sure interesting. Don't you agree?

Shinobu tried to hold her anger towards Kanae. Her purple orbs quickly looked at me in sharp way. She doesn't hesitate to show that she was angry for a reason I don't know why. It might something bad for me, I'd say...

"I don't know why my sister is so kind to you. But don't expect me to be like that!"
"Like...what...?"
"L-Like I will act kindly towards you!"
"Is that so?"

Thorough my orbs, I can see that Shinobu still haven't like me. Kanae looks quite worried once hearing her sister said something like that. Sure Kanae always looked forwards to work together with other person- what a blissful heart, Kanae.

"I do not mind if you don't want to act kindly to me, Kochou Shinobu."
"That's good-"
"However..."
"What?"
"However-"

However-

I don't realize that I really said something like that. Especially to other person, to opposite gender, to a woman, to a young lady. More importantly, to a tomboy girl like Kochou Shinobu.

.

..

...

....What I am actually thinking...?