Who Had The Command Card ? (I)

The blue sky slowly changes its color into orange as the sun start to leave. Giving permission for moon to adorned the black night sky together with the stars. Without any need to mention it's also time for demons to hunt us - humans. Once the sun completely away from the sky then it's the signal of the war.

Thorough my (e/c) orbs, I can see the scenery of two villages that being separated by a small and calming river. The black crow who flying near my right side confirmed the same thing, that village is my destination. Kindly they also informed that there's other corps who also positioned in that village. I know it was Kochou sisters.

"Join into other teams is not your style."
"I know. However if it makes thing goes easier then I wouldn't mind. Don't waste the time if you find anything suspicious at night."
"If you still alive then I will-"
"I will roast you for sure."

The crow quickly flaps their wings and flies from me once I threatened them. I won't know what will Oyokata-sama said or respond to me if he knows the messenger bird were dead because I roast them, despite they die because of demons. Will Oyokata-sama kick me from being a pillar?

'Pretty sure he will do it.'

Or so I thought.

.

I finally set my legs into the village. Since the sun hasn't fully set, I can see several people wander the village. Following the wave of people, I barely notice that most of the villager almost not shows their concern. Here - I am talking about demon at night time. Moreover, I do aware that some of them looking at me.

'Demon Slayer corps is illegal afterall.'
'Besides if I were a thief then I wouldn't show my presence directly like this!'

I can't help but huffed before walk and check the other village. The last village placed behind this one or after the river. The river isn't that big yet not too small either, it had a clear water that flow silently there. It reflects the color of the sky perfectly. Then I notice there's an old man who sitting not too far from the bridge, his hand glued against the rod.

'What kind of person that still fishing at time like this?'

I can't help but feel a little sad at his state.

Afterwards sound of whisper catch my attention, there's small group of adult who chatting lowly. Somehow I notice the face that they wear; concern, doubt and disgust. They speak to each other while sometimes pointing their finger to make a clear point.

To be honest, I'm not sure which person they point at - to me or to the old man. Turn my face, looking towards the old man who still waiting for his bait to be eaten by fish, watching him for any movement.

I don't know how many second passed, how many minutes I have been throw for looking at the old man who just sit, breathing and waiting for a fish - though I still had my eyes glued to him.
The old man blinked and turns his head to see me, finally aware of being watched by other people. He looked at me for several second before set his attention back towards the river. I decide to walk again since I sense nothing bad or dangerous from that old man or his old fishing rod.

"-you mean we should ask him?"
"-that man may dangerous. He brings a weapon!"
"-maybe he comes to arrest someone from this village."
"-if it's true, he should bring that old geezer out from our place! He is troublesome!"

I never know that a man can talk like a woman when they gossiping certain things.

Much to my expectations before, they truly talk about the old man as well with me. It's not the first time people have a bad talk about me - especially in this corps uniform. I tried to not put much my attention towards people like that. Yet it's different when one of them called me. Waving their hand as signal for me to come and... I did it - approach that small group of man.

"Hey kid, you look similar with two people who come to this village this morning."
"Hm? Oh, well, I guess-"

"Are you going to arrest someone from our village?"
"No, I-"

"If you're, then you should bring that old man out from here."
"Um-"
"That fishing old geezer!"
"But-"
"Yeah! He should out from this place!

'I'm gonna say that it should be you along with your gang and those noisy mouth of yours who need to leave this village, Sir-!'

Honestly, they asked me but never letting me to answer. Keep letting out words one after another like a crazy escaped horse who finally free from their rude and heartless owner!

"Excuse me, sir. I do not think that the old man is dangerous here."
"That old geezer always said there's a demon here! He often announces that his entire family died because of the demons!"
"From my eyes, they must dead because of a wild bear."
"Besides there's no demon in first place."

It's quite weird...

Almost the entire place I visit, most of them are well known of demons and they are afraid of them. Even though they haven't seen it, they do trust it and alert because of it.

"Hey, could it be that old geezer is the demons itself?"
"He must kill his own family!"
"Kid, ya should bring that old geezer out from here!"
"We don't need a crazy man like him, kid!"
"Just drag him and throw him into other random place, kid!"

Alright...

Now I wonder who is my truly commander.
Why these people command me?

'God damn! I'd like to curse you and your loud mouth!'