Chapter 8:"Blood bath".

Start from the beginning

He looks out of the window thinking about what happened in a few hours that made her want to run from here?. He didn't track her because she is smart to beat his team since she works with them. Should he still have her tracked?.

He heard her soft feet coming towards her and he turns around to find her standing there silently which is not something he likes.

As she sits on the couch he hands her the coffee he ordered sitting opposite of her, "Eat something too. I ordered few things".

She sighs nodding as she quickly eats enough so she can live for now.

"Why is that you want to go back?". He asked

She dreaded that question, "Can you not ask?".

"I wouldn't have asked if you didn't look that bad. Did someone threaten you?". He asked worried, "I cannot stop thinking of possibilities of placing you in danger with having you around with me--".

"It isn't you". She said cutting him off, "It isn't about you or your people, Awais".

"Then it's about you". He said and she nodded, "That worries me even more. What is that scared you so much?".

"I just-". She pauses taking a deep breath, "I came here to attend the wedding and that is all. Since we are done I don't think I need to say anything more".

He sighs knowing speaking to her will not be of any benefit.

"Fine. Then you are leaving tomorrow". He said standing from his place, "I will have my plane ready".

"I can go in a regular plane". She said frowning

"I know you can but I am not risking your safety anymore. You are not running away from my guards anymore and you are definitely not going anywhere without my permission". He said stern taking his coat he placed on the couch

Because with the threats from the mafia, everything is making him anxious.

"Why in the world would I need your permission?". She asked angrily

"Because you look like you are in some trouble and I am not risking your life". He said calmly, heading to the door, "Your life matters the most to me, Laila. Just get ready and leave with my team tomorrow".

She slumped after he closes the door looking at the ceiling blankly. At least, she can make it out of here in one piece tomorrow. There shouldn't be any more delays to this plan.

She went towards the magazine placed in her room as she opened the front page to find the top tiers faces pasted on it. She sighs skipping through the pages only to find them on every page so she throws the magazine away.

She didn't realise until she came to work under Awais, how big of a deal they all were. They were associated with politician, government, royals and all secret agencies which strengthened them. The only weakness they have is the mafia becoming stronger each day. She has seen the way Akbar was blocking everything about them but they need to build a plan against them because the mafia was closing in- the bigger they all get.

"Do any of you remember her from high school?". Awais asked stressed as he calls the other

"I can't believe you are calling us at this time to talk about your love life". Zafar said groaning, "It's already midnight here".

"That's beside the point. So, do any of you remember her?". Awais asked making Akbar startle from his sleep

"I swear I am busy with my daughter health and you are making me want to come there and punch you". Akbar said angrily