10K x Reader - We Should(n't) Leave Her Behind

10K was always scanning his surroundings. It kept him alive this long. Especially in places like downtown Philadelphia, where death seemed to loom around every corner. Though, it wasn't death that needed to be feared anymore. It was the living.

He knew this, a little too well in fact. Yet he refused to hesitate as he seen something moving just a little too fast. Down his scope, a girl ran desperately through the dead. He called out to his group, letting them know what he seen before firing at Zs getting too close to her.

"Just one girl?" Cassandra spoke up first.

"Yeah... but it's like she's running from something," 10K commented as he seen her begin again in the opposite direction of his shots. He tried to shrug it off and began to look around at what she could have been trying to avoid.

Well, he got his answer. A group of burley men clambered through the swarm of Zs. He added this to his report.

"We should go," Cassandra began to knock of the back of the pickup. 10K felt his heart twinge. He didn't like leaving people behind.

"We've got to contact Citizen Z." Addy urged.

"There's nothing here in Philly, trust me. We need to leave."

10K eyed Cassandra. He wasn't sure just what she knew, but everyone knew that nothing meant something. He had to stay on guard.

That was what had brought him to the top of a laundromat. He had failed to help Doc and Cassandra jurry-rigg some satellite before Cass ran off. He had to know what she was running from.

Although he wasn't able to spot Cassandra, he found himself running down the street, towards the trail of blood that just barely splattered down one of these side streets. He ran until he found himself inbetween two buildings, where the girl he had seen earlier was shaking, crumpled up against a dumpster.

"Are you hurt?" He leaned down to her level, moving her snarled hair out of her face to see just how limp she was. Obviously, she wasn't dead, but she certainly looked like it.

As 10K lifted her up and began to walk back to the truck, he struggled to soothe his blush. He had never touched a girl like this before. She was nearly naked, with smudged makeup around her eyes.

"Warren? Doc?" He called out as he set her in the backseat of the pickup. She had a light sunburn on her face, and some old clothes tied tightly around one of her thighs.

"Is this the girl you saw?" Doc began to cool her forehead with a wet rag after he ran towards Tenthousand's voice. "Those are some nasty bruises..."

"And look," 10K's fingers brushed her arms as he pointed to several different scars. "Those look just like Cassandra's," he whispered.

"Did you find her?"

"Yeah, she was against some dumpster. I wasn't going to leave her."

"No, I meant Cass," Doc sighed, looking around the street they had parked on. "I'm starting to get real freaked out."

"No. Sorry." 10K got back out onto the street. He searched for a vantage point, hoping they could gather their group and get the hell out of Philly before something bad happened.