two

A/N: It's finally here - the long-awaited part two!! I will warn you, this is a complete and total fluff piece with plenty of spice mixed in, so it's one hundred percent lighthearted and fun, and a complete 180 from Contingent ;)

I wrote this with you all in mind, so I hope it lives up to what you'd hoped for! Let me know what you think in the comments. Don't forget to vote if you liked it! :)

Betawork done by AlmondMilkTeaDoubleBoba and Leilahmoon.

P.S. I know nothing about tea either, so please don't mock me for whichever one I used down there. I don't know if there are specific types for specific times of day or occasions or whatever.

xoxo, carmen

-

Draco fucking Malfoy was in her driveway.

And then he was on her doorstep.

And then he was in her house talking to her family. And they were all laughing.

This was an out of body experience if she'd ever had one. That day in the trainer's office obviously not included. That took the cake, no question.

Hermione never could have possibly expected Draco Malfoy of all people to get along with her family. But here they were. And it was going swimmingly from the looks of it.

Breaking the news to her family had been a trip to say the least.

Whilst her parents had taken it better than expected, Harry was another story entirely. Her dad didn't hold grudges off the ice, which worked in her favor. But when she told Harry the day after the fight, he almost lost it.

Thinking about it now, it was almost comical. She'd broken it to her parents first.

Padding downstairs early, her parents were already seated at the kitchen table relaxing with a cup of coffee in hand. "Mom? Dad?" she said, nervously twining her fingers together. "I have something to tell you."

That had gotten their attention. "What's up, Pumpkin?" her mom said. Hermione could tell that she was worried by the use of her childhood nickname. She hadn't heard that pulled in a long time. She sat down in the chair in between them.

"Well, I kind of started seeing someone." Her eyes never diverted from her fingers. Her nails were coated with a chipped pink polish, picked away from the nerves. She'd redo those before her date with him.

Her dad put the newspaper down. "What? When did this happen?" He said. "Who is it? Do we know them?"

Pink flooded her cheeks, her eyes flickered up to her mom for a burst of strength she so desperately needed. Her face was soft, kind, unassuming. Taking a breath and bracing herself, she said, "The other day, after the fight at the rink. And I'm sure you're familiar with the Malfoy family." Her voice grew quieter and less confident as she stumbled over his name.

Her dad's eyebrows were so high up, they almost melted into his hairline from the shock. "Draco, right? The blonde kid from the Serpent's team? Narcissa's boy?"

"The very same." Hermione finally raised her eyes up to meet her dad's. "He helped me after I got hurt. Took me to the trainer's office and waited until I woke up. We got to talking, and he accidentally let it slip that he's had... feelings for me for a while. Figured I'd give him a chance, and see where it goes, you know? He's really very nice, excited to meet you." She was babbling, she knew, in her nerves. Her cheeks grew a deeper pink as a result of both the uncomfortable tension her body was holding in as well as the flashbacks.