"...Yes father."

Ha hated how he had sound so small and how his voice had break at the end. But there was no point, in a week he would probably be back to Nanda Parbat.

He couldn't.

"Yes father." He repeated once more before heading to his room.

***

One day before it happened, he had called Jon and asked to meet him at the top of the Wayne Tower to go out patrolling.

"Superboy."

"Hey D, what's up?"

Robin shrugged his arms as Jon lowered himself to the ground.

"So...is there anything important or just-?"

"Tt, just patrolling, I thought it has been long since the last time you patrolled in Gotham with me, and Father has been busy lately." Damian lies about his father being busy. Well, not completely lying, the man was always busy, but this time was different, he needed to relax after yesterday's fight with him, and if Jon hadn't heard it, Jon didn't needed to know about it.

And if Father ever tried to send him to Nanda Parbat at least he wanted to see Jon before that.

Jon nodded and started teasing, "Aww, you missed me!"

Damian rolled his eyes so hard he almost ended up seeing the back of his head.

"Tt, nonsense, I actually thought it would be a good training session for you."

Jon's smile grew a bit. "Yeah...sure totally training stuff only, no other reason."

Damian had missed Jon, he had been on a vacation recently with his family, and had just gotten back.

During their patrol they stopped a few robberies, and helped a very drunk man to get home safely, it was probably the most peaceful night he had had in months.

They even got time to buy and eat some corndogs while they sat and observed everything.

"So what's that thing you said your dad is busy doing?"

"It's a case, about a black market in Gotham."

Damian showed Jon some evidence he had on an illegal gun trafficking in Gotham that they had been working on for weeks.

"We believe they are selling them to minors mostly."

It wasn't a big deal, the bats weren't too worried about it. Jon decided it was okey and didn't thought much about it, if they were already so advanced with the case there shouldn't be much to worry about, Damian's father would probably solve the thing by next week.

Soon it got late, well, not that late, but tomorrow they had to go to school and Jon had to be at home by 10, so they stopped their patrol after two hours.

"So...my dad's birthday is this Saturday,  we are going to have some pie and some people at my place, your family is probably going too, so would you stay the weekend at my house?"

Damian shrugged. "Sure." He liked the pie that Lois made.

Jon smiled. "Oh ok! Cool! Sure, see you that day!" He hugged Damian and started flying towards Metropolis as he waved to him.

Damian decided to patrol a bit more before calling it a night and getting back to the cave so someone else could take the rest of the night.

***

If someone would had told Damian what would happen to him at school that morning, he would have not been surprised, but of course, it would had been something that would have never crossed his mind or thought that would happen to him. Stupid him, because this was Gotham, and in Gotham anything was possible.