A LETTER FROM TIMOTHEE

To those who have made it this far,

I suppose it would be only right to leave my thoughts on this page. After all, I made Vera promise to leave it blank until I returned, and now that it's clearly been filled with my written word, you can assume I did, in fact, make it out alive (not that I would have died, mind you, but jail is not something I wish to know).

I think it's important to say that this story—our story—is something incredibly important to me, and to see it published for the world to read is probably more terrifying than falling through a glass ceiling.

But I'm glad you read it. I hope it gave you a glimpse into our life, just like peering into the reflection of a mirror. It's our truth, you know. Treat it well if you choose to dwell on it later.

Oh, and yes, I did manage to get my inheritance back. My Uncle is rotting away in a cell at the present moment, and it's all thanks to the help of my friends and my love, Vera.

I am planning on marrying her, if that's what you're thinking. She's already moved into my house, she snores in her sleep, she's a grumpy morning person, but she's forever mine and I'm forever hers, and I love every bit that makes her her.

But enough about our story, I'm sure you have one of your own. Maybe you already have a lover. Maybe you don't want one. Maybe you've been scorned by one, and maybe you're just nearly close to getting one. The point is, don't let fear and uncertainty impact the way you let your heart survive. I've made that mistake.

If you do manage to find someone you love, or have the power to love yourself, then I wish you all the best. You truly deserve it—everyone does. But please bear in mind this one fact; if Vera and I can't prove it to you with our story, then I suppose you'll just have to take our word for it.

Remember that love truly does exist, even when it feels like it never has. You just need to wait.

And to love is to live.

I wish you luck,

Timothee Chalamet
As his written character.