| Chapter Seven | The Temptation

Start from the beginning

Nick looked at Noah. "What?"

Noah looked at him. "The Fyre Brothers, Master Matthew and Master Thomas," he said making Nick nods realizing he was right. He looked at the mages and king.

"Yeah, where are the other two? Are they back at the academy--"

"Shoot at King Tobias!" a voice shouted alarming the two candidates before an arrow flew past Noah's head and went straight for Ty. Ty smiled a bit and sidestepped, the arrow going past him.

"Ooh, looks like one of them was able to see through Adam's lies," Phil said.

"Lies?" Tyler questioned before another arrow fired at Ty. Ty flew up dodging the arrow, knowing who the archer is since he can see Mitch in the distance. Ashley, Vikk, Jordan, and Quentin coming as well.

Jordan looked at Mitch. "General Hughes, you focus fire on the king. Aim for his wings, those are the most vulnerable spots on any living being with wings. Hit his wings and you will render him immobile," Jordan said making Mitch nod. He looked at Quentin. "General Juneau, you aid General Hughes. Keep King Tobias from attacking General Hughes, if I'm right, he will go after Hughes first since he poses the greatest threat to him because of his archery skills. So keep him off General Hughes by distracting him. The three of us will go against Phil and Wag." Quentin smiled a bit and nodded, acknowledging the plan.

"Are you sure we should be using the generals like this?" Ashley asked concerned. She didn't like the idea of ordering the generals around.

Vikk nods. "The commander said that Generals Juneau and Hughes are sticking with us for medical and combat support...but he never specified the limits of that support. So it is obvious he wants us to use them to get past the mages and the king. Especially since he gave us two ranged fighters," he said.

Jordan smiled a bit seeing Phil and Wag. "Phil and Wag are strong in magic but weak in close combat. But since Phil is an earth mage, he is more dangerous. But it is like Wag has eyes in the back of his head, so keep on your toes and always watch your six. Phil and Wag specialize in surprise attacks. Ashley, you should focus on attacking Wag, overwhelm him with your speed," he said making Ashley look at Jordan.

"You seem to know a lot about them--"

Jordan smiles a bit. "Well let's just say that I'm good friends with the Fyre Brothers after all we have been through together," he said.

Phil smiled seeing Jordan. "Well, this will be fun," he said. Wag nods, agreeing. The candidates and two generals split apart. Mitch notched an arrow in his quiver, looking at Ty.

Ty crossed his arms. He knew their plan, after all, he could hear him with his enhanced hearing. "Phil, Wag, the candidates are going after you. Jordan told them weaknesses," Ty said to them.

"Did he now? How rude," Phil said before he rose his arm up, his eyes radiating a greenish aura.

Ty forced his attention onto Mitch and Quentin. He was impressed that Jordan and Vikk saw through Adam's deception. But yet again, Ty has always had a good feeling about Jordan. Ty dodged another arrow from Mitch, he swooped down, heading towards Mitch.

Mitch gritted his teeth. 'Damn it!' he thought before he aimed another arrow, an arrow that is close enough that he knows Ty won't be able to dodge in time. But he felt pain sting up his right arm as he let go of the bowstring. The pain knocking his aim off and missing the dragonmere king.