chapter 13

❝ every next level of your life will demand a different you

every next level of your life will demand a different you.

Chapter 13 - You Know They Still Won't Date Even After This

Sunday, Noon - Evening

Russia

      Like a flash of light I snapped back to reality. Staring at the dark pc screen I could still see my father looking back. My mind couldn't take it anymore. Swinging open the mini fridge I grabbed a bottle of vodka and quickly drank it down. The sharp cold of the vodka helped loosen me up a bit, and soon the alcohol stared to kick in. Stumbling back to my bed I sat down and grabbed my phone. The feeling of boredom was especially bad when drunk so I decided to chat with America and help distract myself.

slav: hey wanna vc

50states: sure!! i was just about to grab lunch tho

slav: oh what time is it

50states: jdijsi im its like 2 im just stare to grab lunch

slav: oh ok
slav: u can eat while we vc i just need to talk to someone

50states: oh
50states: r u ok?

slav: ill talk about it on vc

50states: ok,, brb
50states: alr back, wanna talk now

slav: yes

      Staring the discord call I waited for a second and soon he dropped in. "Hey... so, what is it?" Trying to speak I had to choke back a sob. "I'll just show you. Don't say shit if you can avoid it." He audibly reacted hearing my father's voice, though I guess that couldn't be helped. Before turning on my camera I did I double take. "Sorry." I looked away from my screen as the camera turned on. "Russ... have you been taking care of yourself? Go get a drink of water or something..." My body hesitated to speak, but I merely shook my head. "Mne zahl'(I'm sorry), I shouldn't drag you into my issues. *hic* I-I'll just go drink some more." "Don't worry, just talk to me, okay?" Taking a deep breath I recounted the memory I had thought about earlier. Instinctively I skipped dover the cutting part. My body couldn't bear to recount the memory in detail again, it felt as if I was splitting apart, two strongly different opinions tearing myself apart.

      We sat in silence as I waited for a response. I'll just leave the call, talking about this probably made him uncomfortable anyways. "Russia... you could've told me. Hold on, I'm coming over there, stay on the call with me though." "Alright." Setting down my phone I curled into a ball and let tears fall down my cheeks. Compared to how I used to be, I was just a miserable weak reflection. I let myself sit there in silence as I listened to the soft hum of America's car in the background. There was an occasionally comment or two but we mostly stayed in silence, though just his presence helped calm my nerves. My eyes wandered to my arms and quietly I unwrapped the bandages on my arms and tossed them out. The bandages had become soaked with blood and come undone. "Hey I'm a few minutes away, can you unlock the door for me?" "S-sure." I slid downstairs checking the coast was clear and unlocked the door and returned to my room. "Just hold tight okay? I'll be there in a bit."

tw: this chapter contains themes of c//ting

      Soon the front door clicked open and footsteps came up the stairs. "Which room is yours?" "I'll just let you in, give me a minute," I murmured. Carefully opening the door I motioned for America to come inside. He stepped inside bringing with him a bag and a flask. "I got you some peach tea and some other things in my bag." Taking a seat next to me on my bed he wrapped a blanket around me and handed me the tea. "Spacibo." Suddenly I felt him grab my wrist and I immediately pulled it away from him. My face must've scared him as his face flashed with fear. He sat there for a moment before speaking again. "Russia. Show me your wrist, now," he said commandingly. My body immediately obeyed and I held my wrist out. I began to shake and barely held back tears. The cuts on my wrist taunted me. "I'm such a fucking idiot xa. Just go, I can deal with it." He simply held my hand and squeezed it gently. "You just had a panic attack, you're not fine. If you don't wanna talk about it, at least let me comfort you." He nudged my body towards him and let me rest my head atop his. It was slightly awkward due to the height difference but we managed. Grabbing his bag he pulled out a ukulele and began to play. "Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring on Jupiter and Mars. In other words, hold my hand. In other words darling kiss me." I let myself relax and it began to get harder to keep my eyes open. "Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more. You are all I long for, all I worship and adore. In other words, please be true. In other words, I love you." My body simply embraced the gentleness of the song and I let myself fall asleep.

America

      Russia's breathing began to calm and soon he was sleeping soundly on my shoulder. Despite being so cold, and looking like his father, I still could see the same kindness I saw before. No matter what, it was still the sweet Russ I knew and loved. His arms had become wrapped around me, probably without him noticing, which meant I couldn't move far. Letting out a small sigh I set his cup of tea on his desk and glanced around the room. t was plainer that I had expected. Just some simple wallpaper, a desk and pc setup, a mini fridge, a cat bed, a bear plush, and a wardrobe. Taking a moment to consider if I should wake him up I decided against it and gently laid him down next to me. It was awkward with his arms around me, but I just hoped I'd wake up sooner so he wouldn't know.

"Goodnight Russ."

ʚ ɞ

HI
SO UM NO IDEAS AND WIRTING SKILL WENT HAHA NO BUT
SHIP FUEL!!!! i was gonna make ame kiss rusia but i thnik that was too much
they r not that close yet </3

btw thats the song that ame sang :D

i hope you've enjoyed despite the lackluster writing this time around, my apologies i just had some writer's block ig :')

jan 23, 2021