To Be Loved (FuJo Coffee Shop AU)

Jule Lewis Uresonderry
Coronado University Coffee Shop

I sigh as I take a sip of my coffee.

Normally, I wouldn't care less about my studies and just skip class. However...

"Jule, natapos mo na ba yung mga assignment mo?"

I look up at the male's concerned emerald eyes and give a weak smile "Yeah, just taking a break"

... I can't skip knowing that he'll hunt me down and drag me to my classes...

He grins and sits in the chair on the opposite side of the table then eats what appears to be his snack.

I look over at the counter where other people are ordering and smile to myself.

"Dito tayo nagkita muli pagkatapos noong Mt Sposa, diba?"

I look at him and nod "Yeah. Our families just so happened to be vacationing in the same place and you were still in Corey's band. I was even more surprised to find the amazing Kiel Alf Whitdur here as a barista."

The black-haired male laughs "Ah! Gusto ko kasing mag-ipon ng pera para sa sarili ko. Tsaka ayokong magtiwala sa mana na makuha ko mula kina tatay."

I smile more. Seeing him laugh like this makes me feel calm. He'll always be my reality even when life seems bleak.

"If you hadn't taken a job here, we wouldn't have gotten together."

He chuckles "To be fair, it's hard to resist your charms, Mr. Uresonderry."

A smirk finds its way onto my face "You do remember that you spilled coffee on my shirt that day, right?"

"Hindi ko sinadya yun! Nagmamadali ako kasi malelate ako!"

I laugh. Kiel's cute when he's flustered like this. "Still, half the girls on campus would come here just to see you work."

"And the other half were here to see you order coffee."

We laugh.

"It's funny." He says "Spilling coffee on you allowed us to learn more about each other."

I deadpan "The very first thing you said to me was, quote, 'Diba ikaw yung kapatid ni Cole Rey!?'"

"And you retorted with 'Yeah. And you're the son of the owner of GB6. Good to see ya again."

We smile at each other. Before we realize it, we're holding each other's hand.

"Kuya Kiel!"

... Way to kill the mood...

We turn to see Alice running towards us with Nicholas in tow. He looks like he, really, didn't want to get dragged here but he didn't have a choice. I'm not sure if they're dating but, by the way they act around each other and the way Kiel uses his Psychology major to analyze their actions, I'd like to believe so. Besides, he's liked the girl for years now so it was only a matter of time.

"Ah! Alice, Nicholas! May problema ba?"

Nicholas sighs "Sir Ducere sent us."

I chuckle "Which one? The glasses wearing older brother of Siegfried? Or my mentor?"

Nicholas laughs "The one who teaches Philosophy."

Ah, so the first one.

"By the way," Nicholas grins "you haven't seen Dave around, have you? He left his charger at home and dad told me to get it to him."

I shake my head "Haven't seen the bloke since this morning when he walked into school with Macey."

"Al, hali ka na! May pasok pa tayo!"

Nicholas bids us farewell while Alice drags him away.

"Didn't you two use to like each other?" I ask and he smiles

"Yeah, but we knew it wouldn't work out in the end."

"Huh?" I cock my head to the side in confusion "Why's that? You two would have been the so-called 'it couple' of the University."

He laughs "Because, Jule, I had started to fall in love with you."

I'm speechless at his statement.

Is this what it feels like to be loved?

I feel him squeeze my hand "I love you, Jule, and I'll love you until the day I die."

I squeeze back and smile "I love you too, Kiel."

"MAG-"

We look around for the source of that outburst to no avail, so we just go back to spending time together like nothing in the world mattered.

================================

BONUS:

Harold Coronado
Coronado University

"MAG-" Tinakpan ni Cian ang bibig ko at hinila niya ako palayo sa dalawa

"BAKIT GINAWA MO- TEKA, C-CIAN! IBABA MO YUNG ITAK MO! S-SNORRI! WAG MO AKONG SUNTUKIN SA MUKHA! SAYANG YUNG GWAPO KO! M-MACEY! SAAN MO NAKUHA ANG FRYING PAN NA YAN?"

Tumingin ako kina Travis, Noir, Dave, at Siegfried.

They all gave me the same signal.

"CHICKEN RUN!!!!!!!"