Dreaming of You

“Two cups of your best coffee please?” I tell the batista who smiles at me

“Name please, sir?” she asks while holding a marker and the cup where they’ll place my drink in.

“Cole Rey and Anna.”

“Okay, Mr. Corey. We’ll call you when your coffee is ready.” She caps the marker and entertains the next customer.

Sometimes, I dislike the fact I’m Irish. People never say my name right.

I take a seat by the window and watch as people walk by. Some are doing their morning jog while others are running to work.

Beside me, a woman sits with her sketchbook in her hand. I don’t have to think twice. I peer over her shoulder and watch her sketch yet another masterpiece.

Well, until she turns to face me with the cutest blush dusting her cheeks causing me to grin “Heh. Even after all these years, you’re still a blushing mess whenever I do this.”

Her expression flattens in response.

I chuckle while holding my hands up and moving away “Calm down, Love. I’m just teasing.”

She rolls her eyes before going back to sketching. I watch her hazel eyes sparkle with determination as she tucks a stray strand of her brown hair behind her ear.

I prop my head up with my left arm and smile at her “How did I get so lucky to marry you?”

She stops drawing and smiles as she turns to look at me then waves her hands in a specific manner. Yes, my wife is mute due to an accident she met in the past but her synesthesia has given her the ability to paint and sketch the sounds of the world around us.

“Cole,” she signs “I should be the one asking that. Despite who I am, you still chose me. You never left my side. You’re my best friend and I’m so blessed to have married you. I love you, Mr. Uresonderry. I, really, do.”

I just smile and kiss her forehead “I love you too, Mrs. Uresonderry.”

Anna turns inexplicably red and I chuckle. Cute as ever.

“… I should never have come here.”

A familiar voice groans causing both of us to look at a blonde-haired male with my same blue eyes framed by glasses who is getting scolded by his leprechaun sized friend, while K3, Laevateinn, and Fenrir watch them with both amusement and disappointment.

Though, it’s pretty clear that disappointment is the more prominent emotion.

Perkele, dramaqueen!” Edward exclaims “Bakit kasi nilapitan mo sila? Ayan tuloy, nasira mo yung moment nila.”

“I don’t need your input.” Jule says with a very neutral expression. “Besides, it was Futhark’s idea to go say hi.”

Laevateinn pats Fenrir, ignoring the fiasco, while K3 tries to calm them down. “Sige na. Tigilan ninyo na ang pag-aaway ninyo.”

HE STARTED IT!

My wife and I laugh at the scene.

I couldn't be happier!

================================

"Corey?"

I open my eyes and look around. I'm not in a cafe. I'm in my room.

I look at my brother who gives me a small frown "... Did you dream about her again?"

"Yeah" I sigh, looking away.

Even after all this time, I just can't let go of her. I loved her so much. We had everything planned. Why? Why is the world so cruel?

I'm suddenly aware of Jule hugging me "It's okay. I know you miss her. Just go on and cry it out"

I hug tighter and cry.

Anna...

... I miss you...

... I, really, do...

... I wish I could turn back time to be with you...

... But I can't.