black is king || four

Start from the beginning

𝙹𝚘𝚓𝚘 𝙷𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚢 as 𝙹𝚊𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚒

𝙺-𝙲𝚒 𝙷𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚢 as 𝙲𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚘

Cairo shot Jabari an intense look. "Did I say you can tell him my name?"

Jabari ignored him and brought his attention back on Divine. "What's your name? And why you out here by yourself? Where ya parents at?"

Divine scrunched up his face. "You guys talk weird."

"You gonna answer me or what?"

The prince sighed and picked himself up off the ground. "My name is Divine." He replied dryly and proceeded to dust the dirt off his body.

"Aight, Divine. Where are your parents?" Jabari asked once again.

"I don't have any."

Jabari and Cairo slowly exchanged looks before focusing back on Divine. "What do—"

"Look, I appreciate your concern." Divine cut Jabari off from asking another question that he didn't feel like answering. "However, I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me, I can take care of myself." Divine stated and walked away from the brothers.

They both stood there for a few moments, briefly contemplating on if they should go after him or if they should let him be. They knew something wasn't right about the young boy's situation but they didn't want to intrude. However, they both would feel terrible if anything were to happen to him. He was alone with no guidance, and obviously no where to go.

The brothers mentally came to an agreement to go after Divine, even if he didn't want them to.

"Hold up!" Cairo shouted as they jogged up to Divine, who just kept walking. "You hungry or sum'n? We got food back where we staying."