004-Carnivals.

"Dude I go to this stupid thing with you every year just to take the family picture with you guys. Make Maddy go or something," Nate and I were getting ready for the Carnival tonight, something I had zero interest in at this point. 

 "She is going, I invited her. So play fucking nice," He turned and threw a pillow at me. "Fuck you, Jacobs. You know she doesn't like me and I don't like her," He let out a long sigh. "Weren't you two friends just a few years ago?" He asked. "That was before she called me a junky and said some fucked up shit about my mom. Hope Selene is listening up there... fucking bitch," 

 I missed my mom, but she caused hell for Avyanna and I. I'll never forgive her for that. 

 "You're staying clean right?" I could feel the tension rise. Fuck me. 

 "Yes, Nate. I am. And keep your bitch on a tight leash tonight, I don't wanna have to beat her ass in front of your whole family," Nate tensed and I saw it. He told me all about his dads porn collection, In fact, I was the only one he ever talked about it to. He also told me about the blackmail with Jules. It was wrong, but it also had nothing to do with me so I left it alone. 

 "Okay, calm down with the fucking name calling. And you look like a slut so change," 

 I scoffed. "Excuse me but I plan on having fun tonight which means I'm not spending my entire night with you and your family. I've got plans," He raised his eyebrow at me. "That Fezco bitch? What do you want with him anyway? I don't want you getting into trouble-"

 "He's cool. And I'll be fine, I gave him a fair warning. He knows not to fuck up," 

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃

 The Carnival was a total bust, but at least I was making sales. That was until Nate called me over for the pictures. I don't get why I have to be in it anyways. His dad wins this thing every year, wheres the fun in that? 

 I started walking over until i saw Maddy and the scene she was causing. "Yeah, I'm not supposed to be here right now because I'm dressed like a hooker, and none of you like me," Things escalated and she tipped the chili pot over. Nate ran after her, of course and I was stuck helping his parents clean up. 

 "We really appreciate it, Dominique. I never liked that girl, I don't know what he see's in her," I stifled a laugh at Mrs.Jacobs remark. "Neither do I. She's a bit of an airhead," 

 "Thank's so much Dominique-"

 I zoned out at the sight of the ginger. He was standing by his car practically eyeing me down. Perfect. "Hey, I'll see you guys later. Love you!" Giving the Jacobs parent's a quick wave, I ran over to the brown-eyed boy. "Thought you didn't do carnivals?" I sat on the hood of his car and took the blunt he was smoking and placed it in between my lips, taking a very long drag from it. 

 "I don't but it's quick money. And Rue told me you were gonna be here," 

 Huh... Rue? 

 "Yeah, I'm always here. Every fucking year... I walk around, sell, and then take the family picture with Nate and his family," He chuckled, taking the blunt back. "Wanna ditch this place?" I smiled, jumping off the hood and making my way to the passenger side. "You read my mind, ginger,"

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃

"We're home!" My voice rang through my apartment, but to no avail, Avy wasn't here. "She probably went with Rue and Lexi. Completely forgot she has an actual childhood," He sat down next to me on the sofa. 

"Wanna smoke again?" I asked. "We just smoked, bruh," I shrugged, going to the back and pulling out my bong. "Yeah, but we're potheads. You can never smoke enough," 

 I turned on the sound bar and started blasting music through it. "So what's your deal?" He looked confused. "Like... What's your motive here? I thought we hated each other?"

"I thought we did too, but I guess we don't," 

I stared a little while longer. Taking in his style, his beard, his eyes, each and every freckle that littered is face. 

"I like your scruff," My nails scratched into it as he chuckled. 

"You're hot dude, how do you not have a girlfriend?" He looked taken back from my question. "I don't really date," 

 "I feel you, I don't like that shit. Not in the right state of mind for a broken heart," 

 He stared, maybe a little too long. Eyes flickering between my eyes and mouth. I was too high to function so I closed the gap between us. One thing led to another and I don't think Avy would ever wanna sit on this couch again. 

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃