16.

We drive in silence without making a sound. This day has been really weird and I honestly just want to spend the rest of it stress free.

"So, you really don't think your father cares about you?" I glance over at Harry to see an almost sad expression rested on his face.

"I know he doesn't." I reply toneless.

"Maybe he does, but he just doesn't know how to show you he does." Harry tries to explain and reason with me but no point is getting across.

"It would be nice to think that he does, but I know he doesn't."

"You can't be so stubborn, Chloe." I know I should try to make myself believe my father actually cares, but it's so hard when he doesn't show any signs of acknowledgment to my existence sometimes.

"I know I know, Harry but-" I stop myself to think. Sometimes I wish Harry knew what it felt like to have parents that could care less about you, just so he could understand what I'm going through. But then again I wouldn't want him to have to live with it.

"Chloe." He calls my name, I turn my head to look at him.

"Yes, Harry?"

"I know I don't know you very well, but your life seems pretty decent. Life is too short to be fighting with your parents when in an instant they could be taken away from you." I can hear the emotion in his voice while he speaks and I feel guilty for even complaining. He lost his mother and I'm bitching because my father was trying to protect me.

"I guess you're right, as always." I smile and grab his hand to squeeze.

"I sound like a spoiled brat." I admit.

"Just a little, but it's okay I still like you." He cracks a smile which makes me happy since he was just sad moments ago.

"I'm glad because I could really use some friends." I say, knowing that is more then true. I'm pretty sure I'm close to friendless if not already there. It's so hard to find true friends nowadays that won't judge you on everything you say or do. It's better to just have none then to have people who are just being your friend because you have nice things.

"Me too." It's silent the rest of the ride there, but not an awkward silence, a comfortable one.

We arrive at the river and I park the car on the gravel road. We then both get out and head towards the water.

"It's actually really nice out." I comment, Harry nods his head in return.

"Hopefully the water is nice as well." He adds, walking over to the crystal clear water and sticking his feet in.

"It's not too bad." He smiles, reaching out for me to take his hand to join him in the water. I smile and lock fingers with him.

WHOVER LEAVES ME THE SWEETEST COMMENT GETS A DEDICATION
I'm sorry it's so short I'm just having trouble thinking of ideas for this story.

Chapter dedicated to: @sapphgrace for best comment!