Chapter 11

Jirou POV:

Yaomomo and I stepped out of the car that had brought us to the burial grounds where my sister's funeral was being held. I was wearing the immaculate purple suit we had gotten my measurements for a few days ago and it fit perfectly. Yaomomo was wearing the beautiful black dress I had drooled over then and now as well. She walked with solitude and yet held elegance in her stride as she made her way to the surprisingly large crowd of people.

My sister had the opposite personality of mine and obviously had friends, but this many friends... it was a little hard to wrap my mind around it. There were at least 50 people there to commemorate my sister's time on earth and I was grateful. My sister deserved to have the entire world mourning her death. The thoughts of how she deserved more then what she got filled my head and I could feel my eyes welling up as I pictured her face, alive, smiling before her image crumbled away to ash, blowing away in the wind.

I felt a hand on my shoulder lead me over to one of the many seats in the array of them all. I looked down as the tears began to fall before a hand lifted up my chin and wiped away the tears streaming down my face. My eyes fluttered open as the tears began to stop falling to see Yaomomo's face mere centimeters away from my own and despite myself I blushed. I could easily lean forward and kiss her and the temptation was almost enough to make me before my common sense kicked in a stopped me.

She shot me a small smile and leaned in...

...to hug me

Haha yall really thought she was gonna get a kiss 😂 

The hug was comforting and I didn't hesitate to return it.

"It's ok Kyo, I'm here for you. You can push through. You're the strongest person I know, I believe in you."

We're changing her nickname to Kyo now cause I was trynna think of one but was too ✨unimaginative✨ so I settled for Jackie but now I came up with Kyo. Creative ammirite.

I nodded over her shoulder and turned back to wear the coffin was, prepared to be buried beneath the earth I stood on. Yaomomo continued to hold my hand even though we stopped hugging and her rubbing her thumb against my knuckle was soothing to say the least. Everyone settled into their seats as the burial dude stood up the front and idk did burial dude stuff? 

Anyways time for a time skip

I stood up slowly and made my way over to the coffin with a beautiful rose in hand. I stood over my sister's coffin for a few moments before I shakily stretched out my hand. I stared at it, knowing all to well that if I let go of this rose I was letting go of my sister as well. She deserved to move on and be let go but.. could I?

I closed my eyes.

"You can push through."

I let out a breath before finally saying goodbye to my sister.

"I love you sis, that's why I'm letting you go." I whispered, a small smile on my face and a single tear rolling down my cheek. I dropped the rose onto the coffin and it seemed to be falling in slow motion. It seemed as if I could snatch it back up before I reached the coffin, that I would't have to let go, or at least not yet. 

No.

I turned around, my back rigid and my whole body feeling stiff as a board as I made my way back to my seat. More tears came but I felt better now, like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I cried, but I smiled at the same time. This was the turning point for my life; I could feel it. Things might not be great in future, but they would be better.

The funeral came to a close as everyone had paid their respects and the amount of people present got smaller and smaller as people bid their farewells. Yaomomo was still here with me, for that I was beyond grateful. I stood up from my seat and turned to Yaomomo who was looking at me and blushed immediately when I caught her staring.

"I- I think I'm ready to go now. Your words helped quite a bit Yaomomo, I know I've said it a lot but I want you to know that I really mean it. Thank you." I said quietly. My voice cracked a few times from crying but I felt ready to leave and I wanted her to know that, so I spoke up once more, my voice more firm this time. "I'm ready to let her go."

Yaomomo smiled at me before giving me a hug which I more then willingly returned. "I love you." The words slipped out before I could stop them and I felt her stiffen as she heard them.

"Y-you you do?" Yaomomo whispered.

"I... I do. It's ok if you don't-" I was cut off as Yaomomo pulled away from my arms and kissed me. I melted into the kiss as relief that she felt the same way took over and all thoughts left my mind except her. 

We eventually pulled away to find the person that authorized the burial of my sister looking at us in disgust. I was about to put up my middle finger but Yaomomo beat my to it, her tongue sticking out at him at the same time. I couldn't help but chuckle as she stood up, my hand in hers and her hand in mine. 

"I love you Kyo." She said as we walked away from the burial site together.

Oof sorry for the late update. I've had some family issues and probably won't be able to update any time soon either.