Cԋαρƚҽɾ 29: Lαƚҽʅყ ρƚ 2.

Start from the beginning

"Did you leave because you knew what was about to go down later that evening?" Detective Willis questioned trying to intimidate Ranae, she wasn't scared at all, just irritated with the fact she was pulled into the middle of this.

Shit, she should be scared knowing they could actually pin this on her and say she indeed take part in it. Ranae doesn't have time to go down for someone else's crime.

"No. Like I said already, I left to go set up his surprise party with his bandmates." She told him once again, anxiously shaking her leg.

"It took that many hours to set up a party, Ms.Stewart?"

"Look it might sound suspicious to you but we had a lot to do. Not only that, we waited two hours for Donald to show up until we were hit with the news. I have no reason to lie to you or anybody else."

"Well then why did Donald Degrate name you as one of the suspects!" He suddenly shouted as if he was growing tired of her lies, though Ranae was telling the honest truth.

"Named me as one of the suspects?" Ranae said in her head with a scrunched up face. That took her by surprise and it was no secret that she was offended.

"Excuse me?" She finally mumbled, hoping she heard him wrong.

He rubbed his forehead "Sweetie your name wasn't the only one on the list, but you were the only suspect I came across since the robbery went down. I didn't just walk up and assume you had anything to do with this, Donald threw your name in it, he accused you of being apart of it." The detective deadpanned.

Ranae sighed in defeat and just stared ahead, she could just fell the tears coming by the lump in her throat.

"Do you need some tissues?"

Ranae sniffles and shook her head no, but not to the question about tissues "I didn't have anything to do with it." She said more so to herself and the detective looked at her with sorrow.

He couldn't just let her off the hook though, especially if the victim brought her name into it. He was determined to get answers out of her.

Ranae on the other hand felt betrayed and a bit lost. Being with Devante was beginning to be a shit show, if she had to get thrown into all of this just by being in a relationship with him...it was crazy. It wasn't worth it at all.

She didn't know how much more she could take with this man but this was still the beginning. She just couldn't believe out of all people, he throw her name in the mix and assume she would ever stoop so low and set him up like this. Why though? She didn't have a reason to turn on Donald, everything was all good for months now.

At this point she felt like taking a break from him, maybe even for good since it seems just being with him puts her in bullshit.

She was more than tired.

▇ ▇ ▇

"You did what?" All the guys said in unison as they crowded around Devante's hospital bed.

With a bandage wrapped his head, he slowly nodded though it hurts to even move his head "I said what I said, I don't know who to trust right now." He admitted.

"But your girl bro? Come on man you know damn well Ranae lil ass ain't have nothing to do with that." Dalvin shook his head at his big brother, disgusted by what was leaving his mouth in this moment.

"How you so sure about that? She left me for hours at the house, who knew what she really went out to do."

"She was with us, setting up a surprise party for your crazy ass." Cedric reminded him once again because it was like he wasn't getting it "Did she have a reason to set you up? I thought everything was cool."

"Shit I did to, but can you blame me? She's one of the few people who actually know where I stay, I'm not fucking around, everybody's a suspect including y'all niggas so chill out."

"I think that fractured skull making you even crazier bruh, listen to yourself." Joel spoke up before exiting out of the room. He felt Devante had every right to be paranoid, he just got robbed and pistol whipped in his own home, but assuming Ranae had anything to do with it was beyond insane.

Dalvin shook shook his once again "Its crazy you accusing her of some crazy shit like this, poor girl was just out there crying her eyes out, worried about you but little did she know her so called boyfriend giving her up to the feds as if she the mastermind behind all this shit." He ranted and made several points "I'll be surprised if she walked back in here tonight."

"Well." Was all Donald could say, he wanted so bad to tune his brother out though he was right. De still felt like he couldn't trust anyone right now, including Ranae.

"Well what?" Kci asked, giving him a disappointing look, for once he was the one being serious. He didn't like everything he was hearing at all.

"If they find out she innocent then kudos to her, my suspicions are still there though and I'll leave it at that."

Cedric just shook his head and left the room, not wanting to continue the pointless conversation. Devante was losing it if he hasn't already and neither of them could stand there and listen to his assumptions.

"Ranae just might hate your ass now."

"I doubt that." De said so confidently as if Ranae could never hate nor walk away from him "Would you prefer your name to go down on the list instead? My own blood? If not I suggest you drop the shit cause I'm done talking about it. I ain't in the mood." He told him straight up.

With that being said, Dalvin was finally the last to leave the room, leaving his brother in peace to dwell on his own paranoid thoughts.

Devante thought it was fucked up how his boys couldn't even have his back on this. He has every right to be shook up after tonight, the fact nobody could see where he was coming from pissed him off even more.

Ranae wasn't the only person who he gave up, other suspects were on that last too but the rest of the guys didn't care. They thought it was going over putting that girl's name in the mix, knowing she should be the last person being mentioned. She was innocent.

Donald wasn't so sure though, everybody could feel however they wanted but he needed time to sit and think all this out, he wasn't changing his mind for a while. He feels Ranae should prove she's innocent, just because there together doesn't exclude her from anything.

But maybe this is Donald's own paranoia getting the best of him, he was bound to lose it.