• P R O L O G U E •

Zacznij od początku

• • • •

•JUNE 9 2007•

• • • •

V. Princess Juliana's eighteenth birthday gala

British Royal family celebrates Princess Juliana's 18th birthday with a glamorous gala

Turning 18 is an important birthday, marking personal milestones, like the legal right to vote and buy your first cocktail

Turning 18 is an important birthday, marking personal milestones, like the legal right to vote and buy your first cocktail. But for Princess Juliana of Wales, who turned 18 this week, her coming of age was reason for her entire country to celebrate.

The princess, who is fourth in line to the throne, was thrown a deliciously extravagant party at Buckingham Palace in London to mark the momentous occasion.

She even got to wore a tiara for the first time.

The sparkling Lotus Flower Tiara has graced the heads of several generations of royal women

The sparkling Lotus Flower Tiara has graced the heads of several generations of royal women. The Queen Mother gave it to her second daughter, Margaret, in 1959, right before she married Antony Armstrong-Jones.

In 1993, Princess Margaret lent it to her daughter-in-law Serena Linley to wear on her wedding day.

Princess Juliana served many gifts including a sapphire necklace from King Carl Gustav of Sweden.

According to People, the celebration was attended by relatives, royals, and politicians, as well as "60 teenagers who share her 1989 birth year", who were entertained with performances by the London Royal Ballet School. And as a birthday gift, the princess received the honour of appearing on an official postage stamp.

Now, that's what we call a soiree fit for a princess.

• • • •

•AUGUST 21 2007•

• • • •

VI. Princess Juliana becomes a businesswoman