2 | Secret confusion

Start from the beginning

"Where are you?"

"What?" I squeak as I am ripped out of my train of thought.

"Where were you?" Godfray kindly repeats.

"Nowhere," I reply promptly. A little to promptly, the kind of promptly which imply lying.

"It didn't look like nowhere, you haven't touched your food for a whole," he looks at his watch, "4 minutes," he concludes and I know 4 minutes doesn't seem like a lot but in food time it was about one year.

"Yeah, there just some stuff the boggles my mind, that's all," I tell him.

"Care to share?" Godfray recites as if he is some variety of school consoler.

"It's nothing really, better if I figure it out myself anyways" I say and I mean it. As much as I would love to rant about how I feel, about how confusing it is to not tell Jamie, this amazing guy that I do in fact... Yeah here we go again... Chocking on that stupid word. Again.

"You sure?" he asks concern in his eyes. Godfray is a kind man, who loves his job and is always willing to help out. He has kind of become my Brad and Jane replacement. But he seems to enjoy my company just as much as I enjoy his, at least he haven't run away screaming just yet.

"You bet," I give him a little reassuring smile, and then we move on, talking about his family back in Taiwan, and more importantly how his kitten is doing. He rescued a little white cat a while back and have nurtured it ever since. He calls him Kittysolo and it's an adorable little fellow. We finish up our stakes, get the tip and leave the restaurant in a hurry. We want to hit the beach, before we have to return to the apartment, something about Evelyn having a surprise for us.

There are a lot of people, young ones mostly, with perfect golden bodies running around on the beach. I can't even tell them apart even if I want to. The sun is burning down on our skin, threatening to burn - at least me - to a crispy redheaded chicken. We have taken off our shoes and are walking with them in our hand, to feel the soft white sand under out soles. A soft warm breeze is blowing my hair back and sometimes trying to wisp away my hat.

"Have you have considered moving here full time?" Godfray asks turning his face to the sun.

"Yeah, but I would miss Brad and Jane too much," I reply, I love this place, the sun, the everlasting heat, the extreme range of coffees at star bucks. It is all dreamily.

"Still not speaking to that mother of yours?" he questions, I told him about her about one week ago and he said something along the lines of, 'sooo you're basically what Dudley would be if magic had not existed in his life and he had learned common-sense?' and I just hit him on the shoulder for some reason and laughed at him. I am no Dudley, besides Dudley has a dad. I'm not soo... unlucky, lucky? I will probably never know.

"No, she is not exactly the person who ties me to England," I reply. We pass a group teenage girls huddled together on a blanket, as one of them turns I see the distinctive mark of the angelic rune inked on the inside of her left wrist. A shadowhunter, who would have thought. Godfray and I quickly hurry along, passing by the girls too quickly for them to notice that Magnus Bane himself just passed by their small huddle. As I avert my eyes to the sand in front of me something - or more like someone - crash into me. A hard white chest lands on top of me bolting me to the sand. I hear a grunt and someone exhale. We - or he - somehow managed to land flat to my chest; my body ache a bit, but it was a soft landing, the only thing hurting was my temper. I slam the flat of my palm against the guys shoulder, making him get of me. But before I start cursing his arse of he beat me to it, okay he didn't curse at me actually.

"Bloody hell" he says in a distinctive English accent, "I am so sorry about that, my buddies over there got a bit rough and tumble," he finishes as he get up, pulling me with him, when we stand he points to mentioned 'buddies' playing volleyball a yard away or so. The man who knocked me over has the kind of voice that just reeked higher education. He is one piece of sexy British schoolboy, like the kind that went to Eton and still acted like a gentleman while secretly thinking he was better than everybody else. Okay I added the last characteristic on to his character; I really have no idea if he's like that. He isn't wearing a shirt (which is to his advantage, because he is pretty good-looking) and as bottoms he is wearing loose swim tracks. He is kind of really hot. He's body is tall and lean, though he still seemed to have some weight to him.