chapter 10 ~ realizing

Start from the beginning

I lay my head back into the seat and shut my eyes.

"George I really dont mind if you fall asleep" he says in a soft voice, its a comforting voice, like hes not trying to disturb me.

"I know, im just thinking" I say back, in nearly a whisper.

"What about?" he asks me, and I can already tell where the conversation is going.

"What happened like, 20 minutes ago" I mumble with my eyes still closed. This conversation was alot easier if I didnt have to look at him whilst we had it.

"Look, we dont have to tell anyone, and we can just forget it even happened if you want" he says, rushing his words.

I think about what hes telling me, and I think even more carefully about how to respond.

"What if I dont want to forget it happened?" I ask him.

He doesnt respond, and im too afraid to open my eyes to look at him.

"Then we dont have to" he says, slowly, as if hes not sure about his words.

"Do you want to forget about it?" I ask him, wondering how hurt im gonna be if he says yes.

He takes about a minute or two to answer me again, and im about to ask him if hes gonna answer my question.

"No, I dont want to forget about it" he says, and I can hear the confidence in his voice as he talks.

We sit in silence again, and I dont want to keep talking about this, but its now or later, and id rather get it over and done with now.

"I dont care if we keep acting like this, the touching, and everything else" I start, and I decide I should probably open my eyes to get this point across.

"But I dont want to tell anybody else yet, I want to be sure about anything im feeling" I say, going quiet again.

I can feel his hand on my leg, and he squeezes it.

"Of course, im fine with that" he says to me, giving me a small smile.

I smile back at him, feeling safe. I lay my head back into the chair, and I can hear him laughing to himself quietley after a few minutes. He takes his hand off my leg and places it back on the steering wheel.

"What?" I ask him, feeling confusion cloud over me.

"You're okay with me touching you?" he asks me, laughing even more after he says it.

"You make it sound so innappropriate" I tell him, watching him laugh at his own joke.

He eventually starts to quiet down, and thats when I start to fall in and out of sleep. Sometimes id wake up to Dream humming slightly, and sometimes id wake up without any reason.

When I wake up for about the 6th time I notice the familiar road we're driving up, and I sit up to look out the window.

Surely enough we're on the road back up to the campsite, and I pull my phone out of my pocket to check the time, its just turned 6am.

Dream parks his car, and turns to look at me.

"Oh, youre awake, I thought you were still asleep" he mumbles.

"Mhm, im tired though" I tell him, rubbing my eyes.

He smiles whilst looking at me. "Yeah, I can tell" he says.

Dream leans into the back of the car and pulls out the blanket he'd been talking about earlier on. He opens his car door and walks around to open mine.