I Live For Destruction

Pain. That's all I felt. Breathing...thinking...living. It was so much easier when I was unconscious. At least I didn't have the throbbing head that I have now.

But what was even more painful? Trying to remember how the hell I got here. I didn't know where I was, it looked like an abandoned house. Familiar, yet the pain in my head made it harder to remember where I've seen it.

"Finally you're awake!" Jed's voice echoes throughout the empty room. Just the loudness of his voice caused your head to cringe.

I took a good look at him and his usual caring eyes were lifeless. As if his soul was no longer there, it was empty. A wicked twisted smile appeared onto his face.

But that wasn't the Jed you knew and love. There's no way in his right mind would he ever do this.

"You lost a bit of oxygen last night? But don't worry I was there to help you out." he says with a sense of false-kindness.

My hands were tied behind my back, my ankles tied to the legs of the chair. I tried to turn on the werewolf strength to break out, but budging on it was useless.

"Not gonna work sweetheart." he says and his lips were moving, but it didn't fit.

I keep repeating myself because of how bizarre this is. That's Jed, but it's not him at all. It was like a puzzle piece forced to fit in the wrong place.

"Oh mind my manners, I didn't think choking you would make you lose your voice." he says, annoyed, "But if I must do all the talking in this relationship, you and I are gonna have lots of fun."

I clench my jaw at the imposter in front of me, "Who are you?"

"That is the age old question, isn't it?" Jed says, raising his arms above his head, "I'm your worst nightmare, sweetie."

I scoff at his cliché answer, "My friends will come and they will save me."

"Oh I'm planning on it." he replies, getting dangerously close to my face. A sinister smirk contorting onto his face.

Josie's POV

"We have a problem!" Hope says, bursting into the room.

Lizzie scoffs at her girlfriend's random burst, "No, YOU have a problem. I have an idiot who keeps getting into one."

I roll my eyes at my twin's comment, "What's wrong?"

Hope sends me an apologetic glance and looks down at her hands. Twiddling her fingers, not wanting to look at either of us.

Lizzie and I look at each other, both of us have confusion flushed onto our faces. Hope never gets nervous like this unless something is wrong with someone important to us.

"Is it our dad?!" Lizzie asks, panic taking over the confusion.

Hope immediately shakes her head, "No, no. It's not your dad."

The two of us waited for Hope's answer, but she still couldn't get the words out, "If it's not our dad..." Lizzie starts, trying to piece everything together.

And then it all starts to piece together, "Then it's," I begin to say, praying to God that it's wrong, "Bentley?"

Hope just stares at the two of us. And the silence spoke louder than words. Lizzie's eyes went wide like they were about to pop out of her head.

"What happened?!" was all Lizzie could get out of her mouth.

"We don't know." Hope answers, sounding defeated, "Her and Jed are gone. There was broken glass in the kitchen. And her phone was on the floor."