The officer looked at me and saw how worried and panicked I looked.

"Is everything okay, sir?" He asked, standing up from his chair.

"I need to speak to someone right away. Four little boys and my husband are missing." I said quickly.

"Are these little boys your children?" He asked.

"I...they...it's a long story, that's why I need to talk to a detective or a sheriff or just anyone that can help, but please hurry, they're in danger." I said to him,trying my best to keep calm and not scare Jungkook.

"What kind of dan-"

"I don't know, anything, just think the worst." I said, losing my patience very quickly. "The quicker I explain this situation to someone, the better." I added after taking a second to calm down.

The officer nodded and got on the phone to call someone. He stayed on the phone for about three minutes, then hung up.

"A detective will be here in five minutes, you can wait over there." He told me, pointing over at some chairs on the other side of the room. I walked over to one of the chairs and sat down, holding a very fussy Jungkook in my arms. He was most likely hungry, so I went over to a vending machine and got him some animal crackers.

Five minutes later, I looked up and saw someone come in. He went over to the officer at the front desk, talked to him for about ten seconds, then looked over at me. He walked over to me with a small smile, probably wanting to look friendly.

I got this feeling of deja vu when I got a better look at him, did I know him from somewhere? Maybe from the past or in another life?

"I'm Detecive Wang, I heard that you came in about four boys and your husband being missing?" He said to me.

I stood and nodded quickly. "Yes I did." I said as I adjusted Jungkook on my hip.

He nodded. "Come with me to my office and you can tell me everything." He said to me. I nodded and followed him down a long hallway and then into an office at the end of the hallway. I sat down and put Jungkook in my lap.

Detective Wang grabbed a notepad and wrote a few things down. "Okay, first things first, can I have your name?" He asked.

"Kim Seokjin."

He nodded and wrote it down. "Okay, Mr. Kim, from what I'm hearing, you keep saying 'four boys and your husband', are these children not related to you or your husband?" He asked.

"Well...that's the part I need to explain for this whole situation to make sense." I said.

He nodded. "I'm all ears, tell everything in as much detail as you can." He said, ready to write down any kind of information that might help.

And that's when I told home everything. From the moment the boys appeared on our doorstep to right now. It took almost thirty minutes to get through everything, hoping it would help.

"So let me get this all correct, their mother just dropped them off on your doorstep with a letter saying that she no longer can take care of them, but when you went to talk to her about adopting her children, she admitted that she only wrote that letter so you would feel bad and take them in and was going to come back for them when she was clean?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yes."

He wrote that down and then turned to his computer. "Do you by any chance know her name or remember where she lives?" He asked me.

"It's Kim Jisoo and her address is...I don't remember the numbers, but it's on Blink Road." I said.

He typed it in and waited a moment for something to load. A few seconds later, he turned the computer towards me and pointed at the most recent mugshot near the bottom of the screen.

"Is this her?" He asked me.

I took a closer look and my eyes widen. There were six different mugshots of her. In the very first one, she looked so young and pure, maybe eighteen years old. As I looked at each mugshot, the pictures just got worse and worse, probably from the drugs she was doing over the years. The last one was the most recent one, which looked just like what she looked like now. Messy black hair, scabs and needle marks all over her face and arms, dirty clothes, just...terrible.

"Yes, that's her." I said with a nod.

He nodded and turned the screen towards him, looking at the screen and moving the computer mouse around, clicking on stuff.

"Kim Jisoo, twenty-four years old, has been in and out of jail since she was eighteen years old, mostly drug-related stuff." He read on the screen, then looked at me. "I've met her quite a few times, she's a sassy one." He said to to me.

I nodded slowly, then looked at him. "So what do we do from here?" I asked.

"I'll have to check the cameras at the school and around your neighborhood, I'll have a few police officers looking for your husband's car, and just do my best to figure all of this out." He told me. "I also feel like Jisoo wasn't alone with this, Jisoo is way too small and fragile to do this on her own, she needed someone to be the muscle in this situation." He added.

I nodded, knowing that there was only so much that they can do, they can't snap their fingers and bring them back to me, I just hope they can find them in time.

"Okay, thank you." I said before standing up with a sleeping Jungkook in my arms.

"If you have anymore questions or have any more information that might be helpful, just give me a call." Detective Wang said before giving me his card.

I nodded and took it, putting it in my pocket. I thanked him and said my goodbyes before leaving the police station. I got back to my car and put Jungkook in the car seat before I got in the driver's seat. I sighed and finally let the tears fall, covering my face and crying silently for what felt like hours, but was only twenty minutes. I then wiped my tears away, started the car, and then went over to Minhyuk's house, wanting to be anywhere but at home right now.

———————————————————

I rewrote this whole chapter at least two or three times until I found something that sounded right to me.

I was going to write this for the next chapter, but I couldn't wait any longer, plus I was running out of ideas for fillers.

Comment and vote!!

-Apryle❤️