chapter one.

(daisy pov unless indicated otherwise)
It was 14:30. I was about to clock off my shift when Talia had walked in , with a wide smile like normal. She had just been shopping with her sister , and had come for a quick coffee. I work in a small coffee shop around the corner from her flat.

It was a rather large shop, with a fair few seats and a large bar-type counter, the seats full of our regulars. It had a nice atmosphere about it too, some mellow music playing in the background , though some of the customers give us requests (Gerry always asks us to play Summer of 69...). As you walk in, the aroma of coffee instantly hits you.

"Daisy!! Wasn't expecting to see you here today, I thought you had it off?" she questioned me. She was right , I did take the day off to spend the day with my boyfriend, Kev. But he had suddenly got a call from his mum and she needed a job doing , so I came into work while he went over to his mums. We get along really well , but sometimes he can be a bit... well, he always has to be right. Men eh?

"Hey Talia!! Yeah , Kev got a call from his mum asking him to go and help him do something in the house, I didn't take much notice when he was telling me, so i decided to come into work" I told her. I haven't been friends with her for long, a year perhaps? but we had gotten really close in these few months. I'm 20, about to turn 21, and we met when I had just turned 20. We met in a club, as strange as it sounds. She had left her bag , and I had found it in the toilets. Her purse and phone was in there, along with her ID. Luckily her sister was calling as I found the bag, so we arranged to meet in the morning and we exchanged numbers after I gave her the bag, and we have been friends since.

She ordered an iced caramel latte to go, and i finally clocked off , and walked to the tube station. I was listening to The Kooks. Their album Inside In/Inside Out is definitely in my top 3 albums ever.

I had got on the tube, and Kev had messaged me.

I did wonder why this job is taking so long, but I didn't want to pry

I did wonder why this job is taking so long, but I didn't want to pry. I didn't want to do anything that might mess up his mood. I just left it. I decided that I would get the girls to come over. Elle, Tia and Charlotte was my oldest friends. Let's just say , a lot of memories have been made , both good and bad. I thought we could watch a movie or something.

Daisy - hiya girls , you doing anything tonight? Kevs not back till 10 again do you wanna pop over?

Elle- yeah i'm down , i'm with tia and she said she's coming too. we will be there at about 4?

Charlotte - i'll leave now

That's my night sorted then. Good pals and deliveroo- what could be better?