𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

CHAN POV

I slowly opened my eyes, groaning at the bad headache I had.

"Are you ok?"

I sat up, holding onto my head and looking around. "W... what... what happened?"

"...Changbin's here, go and talk to him."

I was confused, but got up, walking out of the hut and saw Changbin leaning against a tree, hugging his knees.

I walked over and then saw that he was crying.

"Changbin..." He looked up at me with a shaky breath and I sat down next to him concerned.

"Are you ok? What happened? W... where's Junhyuk?"

"...He's dead" he whispered, making my heart stop.

"He sacrificed himself for me... I... I couldn't do anything... I'm sorry Chan..."

I looked down, about to break down.

Everyone I know is dying. Both my parents, Minho and now Junhyuk.

"We have to stop Yedam" I said clenching my hands into fists.

"How?" he asked in a broken voice. "They're probably looking for us right now... everyone in the castle has turned on us. We're outnumbered..."

I closed my eyes, letting out a deep sigh before turning to look at him.

"Changbin... Yedam thinks I'm dead." He slowly looked at me and I said, "It's a long story, but he definitely thinks I'm dead. That's an advantage."

"...But still... what can we do?"

I sighed and said, "I have a plan, but... I need to tell you something."

I sighed again as he just stared at me.

I got hold of the collar of my shirt, pulling it down so he could see the mark.

He widened his eyes, looking up at my face before looking back down at the mark.

"H...how do you have that...?"

I let go of my shirt and explained, "It was Yedam's parents. They gave it to me when I was young. I think it's why everyone turned on us so quickly, because they found out... or... Yedam told them."

"...Then...how do we get them to trust you?"

I sighed and said, "We reveal the truth. What happened 15 years ago."

"...Chan-" "We have to. It's the only way. It's not guaranteed it will work, but... all we have to do is kill Yedam."

He sighed and looked down. "Why are you implying?"

"We kill Yedam. We kill him, or it's all over. We can't capture him, not with everyone on his side."

"...That's true."

I sighed and looked at him.

"Do you think we can do it?"

"...It's a suicide mission... even if we manage to kill him, we'll die straight after. There's too many of them."

"Changbin... if Yedam gets the throne, it's all over. They're after you and Y/n, and they think I'm dead. So there's only one option."

"No. You're not-" "I'll kill him. He won't see it coming." "You'll die!"

"...It's the only way."

"No...let me kill him. I'm not letting you do it."

"...I can't loose anyone else, Changbin. So many people have died because of me... this is my fault. Let me set it right."