eighteen

i got up and left nicks room. that went easier than expected. i walked out into the living room, but george wasn't there to talk with me. instead, clay was sitting on the couch, almost like he was waiting for me.

i stopped in my tracks, nerves rising again. clay stood up and walked towards me. "y/n, we need to talk," was all he said before he grabbed my wrist (gently) and brought me to his room.

i choked back the tears as clay silently sat on his bed, waiting for me to explain myself. "clay," i started, tears already streaming down my face. "i- i'm so, so sorry. i didn't mean to. i have been so confused lately, and i know, that's no excuse for why i kissed you best friend, but i promise. i didn't mean to. it didn't mean anything. clay, i- i like you. and that's why i've been so confused. it hit me, like a bus. and nicks was just comforting me and i was so fogged in the head that no thoughts went through my mind before i did that. i wish i didnt kiss him. he's one of my best friends. that's it. i promise. just please, please don't hate me. you can be mad at me for however long you want, just please. i'm begging you," i sobbed, my voice cracking in every sentence.

without saying a word, clay stood up and walked over to where i was. "i want to be so mad at you right now, but i can't." he breathed, our faces inches apart.

i felt clays warm breath before he placed his lips on mine. at first, i was shocked. but, this is what i wanted. this was all i've ever wanted. clays lips on mine, making me forget anything existed other than the two of us, standing there.

i pulled away for a second to take a breath of air, refilling my lungs. "clay, i-" i could feel the heat on my face.

"y/n, you don't know how crazy you make me. do you know how much i've wanted to do that? ever since i saw you in the airport, the hug, i just wanted to kiss you then. y/n, you make me feel things. you make me feel like the world could be ending, but i'd be okay because i have you. y/n, i couldn't have stayed mad at you" he rambled

just giggling, i placed another short kiss on his lips. "so, are we okay then?" "yeah, y/n, we are." he laughed with me

as he leaned in for another kiss, i slipped out of his grip and ran out of his room. i laughed as i heard him call after me, but i kept running. i knew him and his long legs would catch up to me sooner or later, so i paused in the living room

after catching my breath, i saw clay come running after me. he chased me around the living room, dining room, and kitchen. i squealed as i felt a pair of hand grip around my waist and lift my feet of the ground.

"put me downnnn!" i giggled, feeling butterflies in my stomach from the adrenaline rush of his hands on my waist. 'god, this man is perfect' i blushed.

clay didn't put me down, but instead carried me into his room and threw me on the bed. "clay..." i started. "blah blah blah. i'm just going to sleep." he cut me off. "oh okay, then i'll let you go to sleep." i said getting off of his bed, walking towards the door.

"where do you think you're going?" he winked at me. "ummm... to the couch?" "no you aren't. you're staying here, with me." he grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "clay, i figured i would just give you some space." i blushed at the feeling of my hand in his.

"after that kiss, no way." he chuckled. i sighed and layed back down into his bed, my back facing him. he leaned over and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"goodnight, y/n.." i heard him softly speak before wrapping his arms around my body, pulling me in closer to him.

"goodnight clay..." i responded before my eyes closed and i drifted into sleep.

i woke up in a strangely familiar room. everything around me was white, the walls, the floor, the ceiling. everything was bright. i squinted my eyes, feeling the cold metal underneath my laying down body.

"not again!" i cried. i tried to pull my body to sit up, but i was strapped down to the cold table. my nightmare is back yet again.

my body began to sweat as i struggled to release myself from the tight ropes holding me down.

i heard footsteps coming towards my now weak and tired self. "please, just let me go. stop haunting me," i could barely speak, tears slipping from the corners of my eyes.

"and why would i do that?" the voice echoed. "because, your my mother. why else would i want to be getting out of here?!?" i screamed.

the nightmares got worse and worse as they progressed throughout my life.

"there there, my child. you know you can't hate me, for i was always there for you," she spoke, patting me head.

i shook her hand off of me. "no, you weren't. you aren't. you never were!!" i screamed, "you're dead, you died years ago. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" i screamed.

i jolted awake as a scream left my shaking body. my body was covered in sweat, shaking, tired, weak. i stood up, but immediately collapsed to the ground.

"y/n!" clay ran around his bed. i felt dizzy. my throat was dry, like i had been walking through a desert with no water. my head was spinning like i was just at the local fair, on a spinning ride.

my eyesight grew darker and darker, as the familiar voices of clay, george, and nick surrounded me grew muffled.

a loud, ringing sound ran through my ears and my head. i passed out, not knowing what was going on around me.

_______________________________

an: heyyoooo! little bit of a cliffhanger. this chapter is definitely a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.

if you liked it, consider voting for it, it means a lot to me if you do! make sure you comment anything! i'll be reading them, i just can't respond :(

have a good rest of your day/night, and i hope you drank lots and lots of water today!!

remember you are loved bb!

1111 words