I looked at the photo, my breath hitching and the feel of tears building in my eyes. There's no doubt about it, this boy is related to me.

"He has my eyes," I whisper, running my fingers across the photo as I feel Joey's arm around my back.

"This is Beau? My brother..." my voice croaked as a few silent tears fell.

"Yes, Morgan. That is your brother."

"Where is he now? What's his story been?" I asked, finally looking up from the photo as Sophia handed me a tissue.

"He is still in the system. A few times there were adoptive parents interested, but it fell through. The latest report says he is a shy child, good natured. But he struggles when he goes to a new home."

"How many? Homes that is?" I asked, even though I'm scared of the answer.

Carla pursed her lips. "Remember, not everyone is as lucky as you were. It can be a lot harder on kids who are here from birth, they've never known what it's like to have a family, never felt like they belong anywhere."

"Carla, please. Don't treat me like the 12 year old you met six years ago. Just tell me straight. I can handle it," I insisted.

"He is in his fifth home. The last two years in particular have been hard, having moved three times since the age of five. He hasn't adjusted to school as well as hoped, he is bright, but socially he is lacking and that can cause issues. While he is generally good natured, he can lash out when kids pick on him. Kids are cruel to those who are less fortunate."

My heart sunk. While it's the sort of thing I expected, I was desperately hoping he would have been adopted out and living with a real family.

"Can I meet him?" The question was out of my mouth before I could even process what I said. After all my uncertainty over what I wanted, now being here and hearing it, I knew. I needed to meet him, I didn't know if I could give him a life that he deserves, but anything would be better than what he has now.

"We can arrange it," Carla hesitated. "But Morgan, you need to consider that meeting him, letting him know he has a family member could be worse for him in the long run if you still have to leave him behind."

"I know, but he's my brother," I argued weakly.

"Maybe you should sleep on it? Discuss everything with Joey and Sophia, then tomorrow we can decide what steps to take," Helen suggests.

"Even if I meet him, I don't have to whisk him away to live with me. He needs to adjust to the idea of having a sister too. We can meet, get to know each other and I can support him from afar."

"Babe, I know you have all the right intentions, but I also know you. If you don't like what you see, where he is living you will want to take him with you instantly," Joey tried to reason.

"What do you think Sophia?" I asked.

"I'm honestly torn. I think you should meet him, I know what it's like to hope every single day that someone will come along and save you from your shitty life and give you a place to belong. But I'm also worried that you aren't ready to give that to him. I have no issues with bringing him home to our house, David and I already discussed it, but what about when the summer is over and you go back to college?"

"I haven't thought that far ahead. It's only been three days since I got that phone call."

I buried my face in my hands. It was all so much to think about, so much to consider and so many unknowns. I know that no one was expecting me to make a decision right now, but if I didn't I would stew on it for too long. I'm more of a right now kind of person.