(4) airport

still snuggled into nick's chest, i slowly open my eyes and check the time. 11:00. we overslept. i notice nick looking at the clock too.

"shit we overslept. we need to get ready right now." he mutters, leaping out of the bed.

"shit ok, i'll shower in the second bathroom so that we don't have to take turns." i start heading to the shower, but then i realised i didn't know where to go. i head back to nick's room and hear the shower on. i hesitate at first, but i knock on the door lightly. the door creaks open after a minute, nick behind it. i notice that he's only wearing a towel around his waist, and his hair is still dripping wet. i stare down at his chest, completely forgetting that nick was waiting. i quickly look back up at him and my face turns red.

"erm, i-i realised that i don't know where the bathroom is..." i scratch my head, still embarrassed.

"oh, uh its just outside my room to the left. its pretty easy to find, you're just blind." he smiles while winking at me.

"well maybe if your apartment wasn't like a maze, then i would be able to make my way around." i slightly gazed at the sight, but snapped out of it as nick said, "enjoying the view?" he winks again. god i hate when he does that, but its also so cute. "you wish" i glare back at him.

~ time skip to at airport coz idk what else to put ~

nick pov:

once we get through security, y/n asks me a question. "if you've never seen what clay looks like, how do we know what to look for?"

"just look for a blonde giant wearing his own merch." right on que, i get a message from clay. i look down at my phone. the text reads ' i'm here. over by the coffee shop.'

"he's near the coffee shop" i state to y/n. we head over to the coffee shop, and i notice y/n starting to get nervous. "hey, don't worry. clay is gonna love you." she smiles back up to me. i then spot clay looking at the varieties of baked goods. i sneak up behind him and yell "BOO!" clay screams like a girl, and some people around the airport start staring at us.

y/n pov:

even after nick reassuring me that clay would like me, i was still nervous. what if i make a weird first impression? what if he doesn't like me? these thoughts kept filling my head. i then notice that nick was sneaking up behind a tall man, wearing a green hoodie. i assumed it was clay.

"BOO!" nick yells. clay screeches and a bunch of people turn around to stare at them.

"FUCK YOU NICK!" clay yells back and the boys start messing around with each other.

for some odd reason, i suddenly feel very awkward. i cross my arms across my chest. nick looks over at me and drags clay in my direction.

"clay, this is y/n, you've met her on discord once or twice, remember?"

"so you're the girl nick wont stop talking about." clay winks at me. why do guys do that so much? clay extends his hand out in a formal fashion. i shake his hand "hi!" i smile, then look him up and down, "i'm kinda disappointed that you're not just a green blob" clay and nick chuckle.

"y/n is going to be hanging out with us for the 2 weeks" nick says to clay.

"oh pog!"

"yeah, we should probably head back home though, since george is only getting here tomorrow, and you look pretty tire, clay." nick says.

after we grab clay's luggage, we get a quick snack and head to the parking lot. while we're walking in the parking lot, forgetting where we parked, nick grabs my hand. at first i get shocked, but then i just calm down and enjoy the moment. i then notice that clay had lingered a few metres away from us. i look behind me and see him with his phone out.

"are you taking photos?" i yell behind. this gets nick's attention and he turns around too.

"it's a good photo," clay simply says. i roll my eyes and continue walking to the car.

the whole car ride home, we were blasting music and screaming the lyrics at the top of our lungs. this trip is going to be fun, i can tell.

when we arrive back home, we decide that clay and george are going to sleep on the pull out couch, as nick only had one bedroom. after we were settled, we decided to watch a movie. clay chose 'IT Chapter 2'. Of course, i kept getting scared by the jump scares. all nick and clay did were laugh at me.

nick pov:

i kept noticing that y/n was getting scared by the jump scares. at first all i did was chuckle along with clay, but after a bit, i wrapped my arms around her, hopefully making her feel less scared. with y/n held in my arms, i continued watching the movie, and she stopped getting as scared.

suddenly, a flash comes out of nowhere. y/n quickly jumped out of her seat and ran after clay, "DELETE THAT!" she screamed. i just sat on the couch, watching the two bicker.

y/n pov:

"DELETE THAT!" i screech at clay, while chasing him around the apartment.

"nope" clay stops abruptly. i tried to grab the phone, but he was holding it hostage above his head, so my short ass couldn't reach it. "besides, you guys look cute together" he winks.

"fuck you" i storm back to the couch where nick was on his phone. i snuggle back into his chest, pouting slightly.

"is clay bullying the little child?" nick says while chuckling. i punch his chest lightly and try to get off the couch. my attempt, however, failed. nick's arms around my waist pull me to a halt.

"let me go." i growl.

"no chance" nick pulls me closer and whispers in my ear "i'm never letting you go..."

at that moment, he kisses the top of my head. i could feel the heat filling my cheeks. i tensed up, but then melted into nicks body.

"hey guys, i'm gonna..." clay starts, but then he stares over at nick and i, "...go to bed" he mutters, finishing his sentence.

nick turns his head around to face clay, which makes me shuffle my body a bit. "okay clay, we'll move soon. goodnight."

"night."

nick pov:

i stare down at y/n's adorable body curled up in a ball against my chest. i then notice that she has fallen asleep. i carefully remove myself from underneath her body and lightly pick her up. i carry her bridal style into our room. i cautiously lay her down in the bed, and hop in too.

i notice y/n moving slightly. shit did i wake her up, i think to myself, but instead of waking up, she nuzzles into my body, her head on my chest. i kiss her forehead and whisper "goodnight, my love." i then melt into the depth that is sleep.