"I think we started to feel like real friends, it was when we had our first silly conversation together. I felt down about missing out like I was the only one not experiencing as much as others, and they sought me out," Snow smiled at the two of them, "reassuring me that everything doesn't need to have a plan. It just goes according to how we look at things and face them. Then they just started to talk about random nonsense."

Whenever she was with them, she realized how much they can give her a good laugh.

It wasn't that they hadn't before, but she was certainly feeling it at the time when they were there for her when she didn't know she needed them.

"And after high school, we're still here," Kyle stated, and she shoved him lightly.

"I hope so after college days are over too," Snow replied.

"As if we want to rid of you." Malloy poked her on the side, and she chuckled.

"So, when did it click for you guys?" Casey asked, turning to both Malloy and Kyle. "How long did it take for you guys to grow close and then with her?"

Kyle contemplated. "Man, it seems kinda long ago. When did we? I think it happened after our countless art interactions."

"You're the one that got problems with my artistic talent," Malloy declared.

"You mean you draw like a fourth-grader. Even my little brother can draw better than you," he retorted, scoffing.

"Mrs. Hubbard said my art was whimsical," Malloy defended himself.

Kyle raised an eyebrow at him funny. "I'm sure she said that to be nice."

The two of them gazed at each other for a moment and they burst out laughing.

"Good times." Malloy slapped his knee. "I think after weeks, we started to know each other better. As for Snow," he glanced towards her, displaying her a half-smile. "I already thought she was good enough."

"I think she just needed some time," Kyle agreed.

Her sixteen-year-old self with them was just her early days, acting all hesitant. She was a lot quieter and mainly just nodded at whatever they were saying. The first time she thought of them, they were weird. Their hobbies were different, and they understood each other in short sentences. Snow chuckled nervously half of the time.

Boys weren't her strong suit.

But they were a lot more giving than they appeared when they subtly encouraged her and made her feel like one of them.

"Knock it off," Snow told him. They were just saying that to make themselves look good, but another part of her hopefully thought they meant that.

"Don't be modest. Have you seen yourself?" Malloy ran his mouth. "Look at her, Casey. Is she not the cutest?" He petted her head sportively. "Look at that puppy face."

Kyle patted her on the cheek. "She even has those soft cheeks."

"Guys, you're embarrassing me," Snow muttered, gazing at them sheepishly.

Not that she didn't love it. They were praising her that they cared, but it had to be in front of Casey.

"But that's what friends are for, right?" was Malloy's witty response.

"I think when it comes to getting close to people and how comfortable, it might not matter about how long you've known each other, but it could be the feeling inside of you. You have to have a good instinct and just trust it," Kyle said thoughtfully.

"All relationships might have a rocky road somewhere. It wasn't all smooth sailing for us. We had our differences."

Snow nodded. "We even swim in circles," Malloy added, whirling his index finger in the air. "In circles, it's a loop. But we find a loophole." He gestured a sign of it.