Snow puffed her cheeks, her head lightly falling on Malloy's shoulder and her feet kicking up to lay over Kyle's lap. Sometimes it was just comforting to feel each other's presence this way.

Casey was done petting the dog as he headed over to the space on the couch. He sat down next to Malloy and curiously glanced at the position they were all in.

Kyle waved a hand to say hey, and Snow as well.

"So, you like Shelby?" Malloy asked, looking at her who lay back down on the rug as she was earlier.

"She's cute," Casey said.

"Who wouldn't fall for her?" Malloy said appreciatively. "She got adorable eyes and is fluffy. The prettiest heart and unconditional love. I don't need other girls." He looked at her warm. "Right?" Reaching out his hand, he petted her.

"Aww." Snow beamed at him.

"Maybe you and Shelby can accompany me for the rest of my life," he said humorously.

"Really now?"

"I can see you handling him well," Kyle said.

"We can get a house big enough." Malloy swiped across the air with his hand, pretending to have a vision of a dream house.

"You guys seem really comfortable with each other," Casey pointed out.

Comfortable. Having comfortableness. It was a topic they were going to discuss, she remembered. Snow lifted her head and positioned her feet to the ground to look at him properly. "Yeah, wanna talk about it?"

He looked like he was for it as he pursed his lips, and it curved up slightly. "Sure."

"Oh my god, I love it. Group discussions," Kyle approved, smiling.

"Go for it," Malloy exclaimed. "You could be curious about our friendship."

Casey became silent for a minute, but when he thought of something, he shifted his gaze to Snow. "Snow, you said before that you were shy. Were you that way with them? How did it change?"

"That's a good question," Snow hummed. "It wasn't right away, and I just..."

"She was scared as heck with us," Malloy interrupted.

"Hey," she said defensively, and yet it was true. "Okay, yeah. I didn't know how to act so much around with guys."

Snow wouldn't have believed it herself a few years ago that they would have a close friendship. It had looked like guys had a different mind of their own from the girls, so she didn't know anything about how to talk to them. She just naturally does her own thing.

When she took the time to observe her surroundings in high school, she noticed that almost everyone had someone to talk to. The girls would have close cliques or someone that day to fill their time. And the guys had someone to joke around with and be cool with. She didn't want to be an extra in someone's else story. She wanted to be an important character that they would remember and come back to.

Blame it on books and TV series that had magical friendships with a best friend or two who was there for you a lot of the time.

Friends were pretty difficult to find and to stay.

"The first time I started hanging out with these two, I was nervous. Even though I was the odd one, they didn't think of me that way. I mainly thought internally, 'was I saying something right?', 'why would they want to talk to someone like me?' You know internal debates to yourself. It's so weird." Snow had thought that they were just ones that were casual to be around, but not ones she would get to hang out with all the time.