"I love you." I whispered then ran off. When we got there I ran to Damon.

"What's wrong with her? What happened! Is she ok?" I asked frantically, even if we had been bickering 5 hours ago, she meant something to everyone around me, so she meant something to me.

"The doctors dont know. They said that theirs nothing physically wrong with her!" He said as he slammed his hand against the wall, I slightly jumped and walked in the room. I stood before her and looked at her. She looked peaceful. Like she had no idea what was happening to the world around her. Like she had no idea it was burning underneath our feet because I feel in love with a crazy man. Damon walked in behind me while Stefan and Caroline watched through the viewing window.

"What are you thinking." He said resting his hand on my shoulder, as much as I wanted to shove his hand off if me I left him keep it there.

"When Malachai did the spell when everyone dropped, my body never really took it. It didnt hurt me, it was like my body was feeding off the magic that had exploded inside of the room. So maybe if I try really hard to siphon, maybe I can take off the spell that is on her."

"But your not a siphon."

"I know, but they might be. I've never reacted to magic like that before, maybe I did this time because they are here, maybe they fed off of it. So if I grab her hand and focus, maybe I can take the spell of of her." I said as I hovered my hand over her wrist. He nodded and left the room, I put my hand on her arm and tried to take the spell off, but instead of taking the magic away I invited her into my mind.

We were in the Salvatores living room, where we all used to hand out and spend our time as friends. Elena sat on the couch across from me.

"What's wrong, Carter? What is happening?"

"I'm not sure yet... I know that there is a spell over you right now, I dont know what it is or how to fix it... but I have a feeling you'll be like this for a while." I said looking at her. Her mouth slightly opened and her eyes looked glassy, she nodded and leaned back.

"I tried to siphon the spell off, well I tried to have the littles siphon the spell off. But instead I let you explore my mind."

"Is this goodbye?" She asked. I slowly drew my eyes up to hers.

"I hope not. I dont know. I have a feeling this is the last time I'll see you until you wake though. And I know that we weren't amazing friends like I am with the others. But when we weren't bitchy to each other, we were pretty good friends. And I'm not gonna lie Gilbert. Itll be hell without you, this morning when I said I'd kill you- I was just being defensive. I guess I didnt think you'd actually die today." I said with a chuckle that made me cry.

"You wlnt erase me from them, will you?"

"Never. I couldn't be able to grieve you alone." I said standing up, she stood up too and I hugged her.

"When we figure out more I'll instruct the others to see you, for a final goodbye. And unless you really want to see me that bad again, I'll see you when you wake, Gilbert. We will all miss you like hell." I said over her shoulder, she nodded.

"Live good, Carter." She said and I blinked out of it. When I woke she was still asleep on the hospital bed, tears fell from my eyes and landed on the white hospital bedding sheets. I turned around to face the three of the who stood outside the room, I shook my head and Damon came in.

"What happened?"

"It wont work." I stuttered as I hugged him. He let go after a few minutes and I sat down in a chair in the hall. I heard Damon in the phone until his voice soon drown out of my head and I fell asleep.