Home

I felt panicked but relaxed at the same time, Datrie was gone but it felt like she was right in front of me.

I focused really hard on trying to take away the magic and it worked, I either invited myself in and the spell broke or I siphoned off Datries spell.

"Little shit." I said rushing over towards Damon, picking up Datrie from his arms. I rocked her back and forth while slowly sitting down.

"What happened?" Damon asked.

"Datrie put a cloaking spell over you two." Malachai said as he leaned down and grabbed a bag from under the hospital bed.

"Go change. I want to take you home." He said throwing my clothes on the bed.

"I'll change but I'm not leave Azrael here. My babies are going to be in the same building as me until I can trust myself to leave them and not go insane." I said as I set Datrie back in the little bed next to my hospital bed. I folded the clothes over my arms.

"How was she?" I asked Damon.

"She was fine, normal baby behavior. Siphoned me once and I got mad so then I put her back in the crib across from me. And she wouldnt stop crying so I picked her back up and she stopped crying and hasn't siphoned from me since."

"Fantastic! Now I'm going to change out of this gown." I said giving Malachai a look, he smiled cheekily and I giggle. I changed into sweatpants and a grey hoodie that sagged over my body.

"I love how your clothes dont not fit me anymore." I groaned as I walked out of the bathroom, Damon looked up at me from his phone. His eyes trailed up my body, from my feet to my eyes, then he looked back at his phone. Malachai came over and set his hands on my waist.

"Maybe we can have the nurses put Azrael in here, hook up the incu thing back here so that we dont have to travel between rooms every other hour."

"Yeah... let's do that. I'll go compel them right now, you boys stay here." I said as I kissed Malachai on the cheek then walked out of the room.

I walked toward the incubator nursery. I found a nurse and walked up to her.

"You are going to roll Azrael to room 386, and every hour on the hour you will come in and check her. See if anything is abnormal for a baby with Bronchopulmonary dysplasia."

"I will take her to room 386, and check on her every hour." The nurse said while nodding. I smiled and walked with her as Azrael was slightly moving her arm up and down. When we got to the room I saw Damon storm out and leave, I stopped him with my hand and he pushed it off of himself.

"What's your deal?" I asked with an attitude.

"Your perfect boyfriend or husband or whatever he is has a problem with me."

"What problem?"

"I don't know Carter. Why would he have a problem with me? Apparently I've been looking at you weird and making moves because I've been helping out with the twins, when that's all I'm doing! Helping. So now hes kicked me out and I'm going back to Mystic Falls."

"What? No! I dont want you to leave!"

"Well then you can come with me- but that's a stupid thing to say because I know you won't. Its him, it's always going to be him. Him and his perfect charm, his good looks, what hes done to protect you and his possessiveness. Its him, and this unlike all the other times it's someone else I can live with it. I can live with knowing that itll be him this time, because I know you'll come back." He said pissed. He hugged me and and buried his face into my neck.