Chapter 5: The taste of Freedom

REWRITE

"X, come with us right now," Marianne replied, smiling. It wasn't a grin, but a smirk instead.

.

.

Chapter 5: Needles

____________________________

Her smile was the same for him as it was for everyone else, yet it made him uneasy at times.

I let out a sigh. I suppose I have no choice but to obey; after all, it's unavoidable. What does the emperor, Charles zi Britannia, want to do with me? Aside from that, forces exist from a severe headache since I awoke. Furthermore, every time I try to recall something about the emperor or suspect him, I get a headache.

"X? You don't appear to be feeling well. You appear to be weary from the event earlier.."

I glanced at her and thought to myself, "Ah, an Angel." Marianne vi Britannia is the empress of the British Empire and the mother of two children. I had the idea she was a loving mother when I first met her since she ran to find her children rather than sending guards or maids to hunt for them.

An attractive woman who is gorgeous and kind-hearted yet has a rebellious attitude and a strong protective instinct for her children. But I had the impression she was concealing something from her staff, children, and, most likely, the emperor.

A girl with long fuchsia hair stands next to Lady Marianne, wearing it loose or in a half-up-half-down crown braid with two strands framing her face. Her eyes are lavender, purple, and she has a natural pink tint to her lips.

 Her eyes are lavender, purple, and she has a natural pink tint to her lips

She had been staring at me intensely since she first noticed me. Her look is a little unsettling. For a little moment, Lelouch was sneaking a glare. Nunnally and Lady Marianne were the only ones who didn't give me a dubious glance.

It appears that I've met some wonderful individuals. I learned the girl's name, Cornelia li Britannia Lady Marianne's knight while pursuing them. In the meantime, there was a lively debate.

"What do you mean you don't require the services of a knight!" Lelouch inquired, concerned.

"I don't need a knight, but it's always nice to have them around. When you're in a tight spot, they can assist you." Marianne patted Lelouch, who had a troubled expression that quickly changed to a sweet grin.

"You can't always stand alone; at some point, you'll need allies," she whispered softly, her gaze falling on Cornelia.

Cornelia responded with a nod. "Excuse me for intruding, but is he really required to be here?" She locked her gaze on me.

"Yes. After all, the emperor desired that he stay here," Marianne said, her smile firm.

"But what if he's a fraud? Surely, such a scenario exists."