I'm not like them Tate Langdon x Reader Smut

Start from the beginning

"Hell no! I'd rather be stuck in my house forever than have my girlfriend become one of those preppy assholes." He shook his head, reaching forward to rummage through your glove compartment. "~Y/N?~" He sang, as though he wanted something.

"~Tate~" You replied, pulling up to the diner you and Tate regularly visited.

"Can I put this on...?" You looked at him and noticed he was holding up a cassette tape of Nirvana's album 'Nevermind'.

"Yeah, do you want anything from in here?" You gestured towards the diner. You were never bothered too much about Tate's choice in music. Actually, you shared it with him and found it easy to enjoy replays of Nirvana and Kurt Cobain.

"Oh, large fries and a Dr Pepper. I'm starving." He whined, pushing the cassette tape into the player at the front of your car. "Please." He quickly added, looking up at you with puppy eyes. You grinned at him, sliding out the car with your purse and leaving Tate to his musical desires.

When you returned with the food, you found Tate flinging his head back and forth to the sound of Smells Like Teen Spirit, his gorgeous dirty blonde locks waving around in the musty car atmosphere. A giggle escaped your lips as you opened the door, to Tate's surprise it didn't take as long as he had anticipated and took it as an opportunity to go wild while his girlfriend wasn't looking.

"Careful, Cobain, you might lose your head," you remarked, passing him the bag of fries and his Dr Pepper. His cheeks burned a light pink at the embarrassment of getting caught doing what he swore nobody else would ever be able to see.

"You get that every time we come here." He stated, pointing to the bag of chips and the salsa dip on your lap. "Don't ya still feel hungry after that?"

You raised an eyebrow at your boyfriend, looking down at his own food. "Says the boy who just got fries and a drink." You shook your head, pulling out the parking lot and once again cruising down the scorched gravel of LA.

It started off as the usual 'let's skip school' date-type thing. There was little to no interruptions or heavy-weight activities: just you and your boyfriend enjoying life. Well, enjoying it the best you two actually could muster up. Two teenagers rebelling against school, not a single care in the world.

Maybe it was the air, or maybe it was just hormonal - the two of you couldn't keep your hands off each other. In the isolation of an empty parking lot round the back of an old bowling alley, the distant noises of vehicles and the rush of people getting from A to B.

"I still don't understand why those girls are like that, y'know." You scrunched up your eyebrows and turned your head to Tate - the two of you now in the back seat. "Like, always touching their boyfriends and making out with them in the hallways at school. Like, I don't wanna see that shit."

"But, you like touching me, don't you?" Tate questioned, tucking a piece of hair behind your ear. "And we literally always make out when we get the chance."

"Yeah, but that's when we're alone. When nobody is watching."

"Well, we're alone now, aren't we?" He playfully wiggled his eyebrows, planting a soft and gentle kiss to your cheek, before holding his position and whispering in your ear. "So why aren't we making out now?"

You looked up at the boy with the shaggy blonde hair that you came to not only love but admire, and felt your own cheeks burning a light crimson, something which encouraged Tate to equally adore. His hand came up to rest gently on your face, his thumb feathering over the apple of your cheek. His eyes deep into yours, never becoming as attached to one another as you were in that moment.