Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

Arjun sighed, nodding his head and heading over to the sprawled out mat on the floor to sleep.

He cringed when he first laid down but he knew he didn't really have an option. He can't afford to act like a spoilt rich brat now.

Ugh! I really need to get out of here! He thought and released a frustrated sigh once again making Navya shake her head.

He placed his arm on his face and tried to sleep and soon they both drifted off into a sound sleep.

******

Navya woke up to the sound of chirping birds, with the bright sunlight warming her face. She smiled happily, realising that the storm has calmed down and now they can happily he on their way.

But her happy bubble burst when she realised that they have no mode of transportation now and she sighed in annoyance, itching to get out of here as she had a feeling that something bad was about to happen.

She was not sure obviously and she really hoped that she was wrong because it's not like her gut feeling was always true, most of the time it failed her. She thought and rolled her eyes at the thought.

She glanced at Arjun's way to see him sleeping soundly and felt her heart skip a beat at the thought of caressing his soft hair. She slowly made her way towards him and sat down beside him, hesitant to touch him but she did it anyways.

She smoothened his dishelved hair and slowly massages his head for which he let out a small groan of pleasure. He half opened his sleepy eyes and when she was about to quickly remove her hand, he caught it and gestured her to continue doing whatever that she was doing making her cheeks tint with a soft pink hue.

Navya was horrified of getting caught, not that she was doing anything wrong in the first place but still she blushed furiously and proceeded to gently caress him.

Navya still didn't know where they were and what's happening and she was waiting to ask Arjun about the same, if he wakes up that is, which by the looks of it is not going be anytime soon.

Arjun woke up in a jiffy when he heard the knock and turned to Navya who was looking at him surprised.

"It's the old woman who gave us shelter yesterday." He said and yawned.

It was the best sleep he had which was surprising because it was not at all comfortable sleeping on the floor and still he managed to fall asleep in the first place.

Navya just nodded her head still confused.

"Please have this breakfast and then we can decide on what to do." The old woman said sternly and turned around to leave without waiting for their reply.

Navya winced a little at the tone and turned to Arjun with an eyebrow raised.

"I'll explain what happened." He said and sighed.

"You fainted while we were trying to search for shelter and I had to quickly take you somewhere to protect us from the ongoing storm which is why we are here right now. This was the only house which I could find with a few kilometres radius so I guess we have to adjust." He said and took a deep breath for what he was about to say now.

"Also.." he said and Navya looked at him questioningly, gesturing him to continue speaking.

She was confused seeing him nervous.

"Also, uh, the old woman asked me if were married and she looked suspicious so I had to tell her that were, uh, married." He said winced looking at Navya's face morphed into horror.

"What!?" Navya screeched looking at him.

"But but..." She sputtered and shook her head, not knowing what else to say.

Why would the old woman even ask a preposterous question like this. This was a life and death matter for them and she asked them this silly question. Unbelievable. Navya thought.

"Actually I can't blame you. We were in desperate need of a shelter so I can understand why you had to lie to her. I don't know why she asked a question like that." Navya muttered.

"Small town people may be a bit narrow minded but I guess that's fine." Arjun said.

"I am just glad that she finally decided to help us and which is why I am not going to hold anything against her." He said and cracked a small smile.

Navya, in return, smiled looking at him and just decided to act as a wife and husband till they get out of here.

She didn't why the prospect of them acting as a married couple excited her. She forced herself to remove these unwanted thoughts from her head as she knew that these false hopes would get nowhere.

But what she didn't know was that even Arjun was slightly excited for the days to come before they found a way out of here.

******

Thank you for reading! ❤️