Dead ever after, part 2

Começar do início

"Not alone anymore," Wade said softly.

"I know," Peter said and smiled. "And I love you for it. You showed me that I didn't have to shoulder the burden alone. You were right there with me. Even when you died you always came back to me. Even when I lied to you and you had to leave, you came back to me." Peter took a watery breath. "So I promise, too. I promise I will try and tell you more often how amazing you are and how proud of you I am and how much I love you. Both of you. I should tell you every day, but words just don't feel enough. But I promise I will try. And I promise I will keep your voices quiet when you want them to be."

"Thank Thor we don't have tear ducts anymore, otherwise we'd be sobbing right now," Pool muttered.

"Yeah, totally ruin our street cred," Wade said.

"I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING TO YOUR TEAR DUCTS," Thor said, mystified and Peter snorted.

"Shhh!" Wade admonished Thor. "Go on baby boy," he said, but Peter was almost done.

"I have your heart," Peter said and touched the silver necklace Wade had given him what felt like a lifetime ago. "And you have mine. Forever. I promise."

"THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL," Thor beamed at them. "I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU --"

"Rings!" Friday reminded him.

"OH, BLAST, YES, OF COURSE. RINGS. AND THERE WAS SOMETHING I HAD TO SAY," Thor muttered and searched his pockets until he found a sheet and pulled it out triumphantly.

Meanwhile, Sam got up and stood next to Pool and Wade carrying a small pillow with two rings, bigger than Peter's but the similar, simple gold band that they had given him the day before.

"Just gonna borrow this real quick," Wade muttered and extracted the ring they had given Peter carefully from his finger. Peter made an involuntary grabby motion with his hand, which felt inexplicably bare even though he had only worn the ring less than 24 hours.

"You will get it back in a minute, baby boy," Pool whispered.

"PETER BENJAMIN PARKER, DO YOU TAKE BOTH WADE WINSTON WILSONS TO BE YOUR HUSBAND?" Thor thundered.

"I do," Peter replied, his voice squeaky. He cleared his throat. "I do."

"DO YOU PROMISE TO LOVE, HONOR, CHERISH, AND PROTECT THEM, FORSAKING ALL OTHERS?"

"I promise," Peter vowed and Wade and Pool near swooned. 

Sam prompted him with the rings on the pillow and Peter threaded the rings in Wade and Pool's ring fingers. His throat constricted. The rings made it feel so much more official. He looked at the rings in Wade and Pool's big hands and couldn't keep a joyful smile from spreading on his face.

"BOTH WADE WINSTON WILSONS, DO YOU TAKE PETER BENJAMIN PARKER TO BE YOUR HUSBAND?"

"Thor, yes. Fucking finally! I mean, yes, we do," Wade said to a ripple of soft laughter from their guests.

"We so totally do," Pool affirmed.

"Can we kiss now?"

Peter shushed him, but the corners of his mouth twitched as he suppressed a smile.

"DO YOU PROMISE TO LOVE, HONOR, CHERISH, AND PROTECT PETER, FORSAKING ALL OTHERS, AND HOLDING ONLY UNTO HIM FOREVERMORE?" Thor read from his notes.

"Every day," Pool said and placed Peter's engagement ring back on his finger, then lifted Peter's hand to his mouth to kiss it.

"And every night," Wade added, wiggling his eyebrows. There were some titters from the audience.

"Can we kiss now then?"