Chapter 31

I felt restless standing here in front of everyone

I felt restless standing here in front of everyone. I felt anxious for some reason. I didn't realize my nails had cut through my palms until the smell of blood hit me. Vincent nudged his snout on my back and that's when it started.

I felt my shoulder pop out of place. I cried out and then felt it again on my leg. I fell to the ground on my back. I heard several growls and whimpers. I didn't know which came from whom. I was too busy crying out in pain. My skin felt like it was being ripped apart. It was agonizing.

Everything went on for a long period of time. It must have been an hour when I finally turned. My mind was going hazy and the only thing that registered was that my dad, Don, and Kyle were slowly approaching Vincent and everyone behind him. The way they had their canines barred at them told me it wasn't going to be good.

Growls were coming from me but I didn't know why. I felt angry and again I couldn't think of a reason why I should be. Something was clouding my mind. I wanted to hunt. To kill. I wanted to let go and become the beast I was.

And I did.

I could hear noises around me. Mostly I could hear the birds chirping. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was laying down on the dirt ground very-very much naked. I quickly sat up and covered my privates with my hands. That's when I saw the blood.

I looked at my surroundings just to make sure I was completely alone. I stood up and wiped away my hair from my face. I was surprised that my body didn't feel sore from the change.

Last night was a complete blur to me. I couldn't remember much of what happened. It freaked me out that I didn't know but I was expecting it. Dad said that I would lose my humanity. The werewolf part of me would take over. Did that mean I could shift willingly now?

I tried to think on how exactly I would do that. I tried to concentrate on that but nothing happened. There had to be some sort of trick to it, right? I didn't know where I was and it would take me days to even try and figure it out.

The fact that I couldn't shift bothered me more than I thought it would. I briefly remember actually shifting for the first time. How could I have not? The pain wasn't something I could easily forget, but knowing I had been a wolf and not being able to remember the experience, it bothered me.

I tried multiple times to will my body to shift. Nothing happened so I ended up wondering around. My hearing was almost excellent now. There wasn't anyone around nearby. I knew that if there was someone close by then I would be able to hear.

I wondered around for a bit when I finally came to the stream. I didn't hesitate in throwing myself in there. The water felt nice against my burning skin. I washed off all of the blood and dirt that covered my body. I tried not to think too much about the blood. What if I had hurt someone unintentionally, or worse? I could never live with myself.