☁️Mina Ashido x enby!reader☁️

Quirk: blackout

You can manipulate pretty much any light in the world. Not the sun, of course. You were still working towards that.

Setbacks: you have a faint glow when you use it a lot

<enby means nonbinary. they/them pronouns will be used>

~~

Mina Ashido.

We grew up together, we were friends since we were little kids. I.. never knew... I'd fall for her.

"Y/n! Let's go shoppinggg!" Mina cheered, walking up to me.

"Shopping? Now?"

"Yeah! I wanna buy some stufff!!" She exclaimed. Well, it couldn't hurt.

"We should ask Mr. Ai-"

"Already diiiiidddd!! Come on, let's go!" She grabbed my hand and ran away.

"W-woah, Mina! Slow down..!" I cried.

"No wayyy! This will be our training exercise!" She continued to run, but slowed her pace just a little.

When we finally arrived at her desired store, I was out of breath. She took her hand and lifted my face towards hers. I felt my cheeks heat up at the contact.

"Awe, out of breath already? Not very hero-ie of you!" She smirked before letting go and smiling. "Come on! Let's go!"

She ran off in all directions, into every store in the mall. I carried most of her bags, but in one store, she stopped and turned to me.

"You wait right here, okay? I'll be back!" She said, before rushing into another store. I sighed. Her boundless energy.. One of the reasons I'm not able to call her mine. Yet.

Mina's PoV

As we passed another store, something caught my eye. It was a gold necklace with a f/c gem in the center. I had to get it for Y/n!

"You wait right here, okay? I'll be right back!" I ran into the store and quickly scooped up the necklace. "Ooh, they'd definitely like this, too!" I said, grabbing the set of moon earrings. "Ooh, and this!" I said, grabbing a f/c gradient jacket. There were so many things that they'd like.. agh! I'd buy them the world...!

Just as I deemed it that I had everything Y/n might like, something else caught my eye. It was a gold ring, covered in f/c jewels. It would match perfectly with the necklace...

I blushed. Would they think.. No, they wouldn't... But...

I grabbed the ring as well, and went to the checkout.

Your PoV

About 20 minutes had passed, and Mina had still not returned from the store. She must not want me to see how much she's spending... hehe...

"Y/n!" Mina came bounding out of the store, with bags stuffed to the brim. She carried a small box in her left hand.

"Hey, what took you so long.. I was getting worried!" I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, there were just so many things...! But hold on!" She said, putting down the bags beside her. She got on one knee and opened the small box. By now, a small crowd surrounded us.

"Y/n, will you be my Gay™️?" My hands flew to my mouth as a dark blush spread across my entire body. A faint red hue outlined me aswell.

"I- yuh- uhhh- yess!" I stuttered out. Mina was blushing too, but had a very happy look on her face. She sprung up and wrapped her arms around me, slipping the ring on my hand.

"Thank you, Y/n! You'll be the best Gay™️ a girl could have!" The crowd clapped and cheered at us, and I returned Mina's hug.

She pulled back a little, looking into my eyes. "Wait, what should I call you?" She asked.

"You should call me.. Your gay, ™️."