"Hey everyone," I announced awkwardly into the mic. Everyone turned to me. I cleared my throat before speaking up again, hoping to sound more confident. "I'm Vienna, I write music sometimes and I've been asked to sing some for you guys tonight. Hope you enjoy." I smiled before picking the guitar up. I sigh out my nerves and shut my eyes, pretending I'm alone.

"Please, picture me in the trees.
I hit my peak at seven.
Feet in the swing over the creek,
I was too scared to jump in.
But I, I was high in the sky,
With Pennsylvania under me.
Are there still beautiful things?"

I opened my eyes but couldn't bring myself to look into the crowd, I kept my eyes trained on the guitar, cringing at the missing piano part to this song. It didn't sound right, but I couldn't stop.

"Sweet tea in the summer,
Cross your heart, won't tell no other.
And though I can't recall your face,
I still got love for you.
Your braids make a pattern.
Love you to the Moon and to Saturn.
Passed down like folk songs,
The love lasts so long"

I find myself looking up to John, who's smiling at me. I figure he knows it's about him. 'Love you to the moon and to saturn' was our saying growing up. My mother always said it to us, and we adopted it as our thing.

"And I've been meaning to tell you,
I think your house is haunted.
Your dad is always mad and that must be why
I think you should come live with me,
And we can be pirates.
Then you won't have to cry."

I smile at John as I sing, thinking back to our old memories. He smiles back, giving me a thumbs up and mouthing 'I'm proud' as I continue.

"Please, picture me in the weeds.
Before I learned civility.
I used to scream ferociously,
Any time I wanted."

"Sweet tea in the summer,
Cross your heart, won't tell no other.
And though I can't recall your face,
I still got love for you.
Pack my dolls and a sweater.
We'll move to India forever.
Passed down like folk songs,
The love lasts so long."

As soon as I stop the music I feel my face flush with embarrassment, but when soft claps erupt over the restaurant, I feel better. I smile a little to myself and set the guitar down, going back to the group. John engulfs me in a quick hug.

"So how many of your songs are about me?" John jokes.

I roll my eyes at the boy's joke and settle in the seat between John and JJ, taking one of JJ's fries and throwing it towards John.

"I'm joking, V. That was amazing. I told you that you should perform more."

"Thanks, John." I laugh a little, feeling awkward.

Pope, Kie and JJ all give me words of encouragement as well, before food is sat in front of us, which they all start inhaling.

JJ puts his hand on my thigh lightly, I flinch away a little, but hold his hand on me when he goes to take it away. I don't like that I keep flinching from his touch, JJ hasn't done anything to hurt me.

"Please eat, V. I know you haven't been. I could hear your stomach the whole way here." He speaks quietly, only loud enough for the two of us to hear.

"I'm just not that hungry." I shrug. It wasn't really a lie. I was hungry, but I didn't have an appetite.

He pushes his side order of fries toward me, "just eat a few of those, okay?" He asks, patting his hand on my thigh.