009

A few days before his birthday, Sirius got a short note delivered by Anastasia's owl, Aura

Meet me in the astronomy tower at midnight. Come alone.
-Annie

He pocketed the scrap of paper and gave Aura a treat before shooing her through the window. The owl had always been a clingy thing, especially to him, even though he hardly paid it any attention.

"Prongs, could I borrow your cloak- just for tonight? My sister wants to speak with me after curfew and I can't get another detention this week," Sirius asked with the kindest, most genuine smile on his lips. He hopped down from the stool that let the boys reach the window. The three others all winced at the terrible cracking sound the wood made with the impact of his weight.

James tended to get angry when Sirius used the cloak to meet with girls, so he had to make his purpose clear if he wanted permission to use it.

James looked up from a textbook. "Sure mate, go ahead. Just be careful." He gestured to where it was laying on top of his messy nightstand. Sirius could barely make out the shimmery folds of fabric next to the heaps of books, pictures, and just plain clutter littering the small bedside table.

Sirius left his room a quarter to midnight and decided to make a slight detour. He stopped at the kitchens and asked the house elves to prepare two mugs of hot chocolate.

When he arrived at the astronomy tower ten minutes late, his sister sent him a glare. She was sat against a pillar with what looked like Regulus' sweater over her nightclothes. Despite this, she was still visibly shivering from the wind whipping the top of the tower.

"I thought you weren't gonna show up," she said coldly.

"Oh hush. I brought us a little midnight snack. Have you ever had hot chocolate?" Sirius handed her a mug and sat down on the pillar opposite her.

Her cross expression melted away and was replaced with confusion. "I haven't. Is it some sort of muggle drink?"

"Exactly that. Taste some. It might be hot though."

Ana tucked her hair behind her ears and sipped the mug. Her eyes immediately filled with warmth. "Merlin, that's good! I'll have to see if Kreacher can make anything like it."

The siblings went into a comfortable silence for a few moments, sipping on their hot chocolate and looking up at the stars. The one thing Walburga had managed to instill in all three of her children was a love for astrology. The boys were both named for the stars.

Sirius, the firstborn son and heir, was the brightest star in the sky. The future of the House of Black. Or at least that was the vision that Walburga and Orion had when he was born. It was unsure what they wanted to do with his heirship as of now.