002

It was a few weeks later

It was a few weeks later. The sun was still out, but it was getting dimmer and provided less warmth each day. Anastasia was waiting until the day where she wouldn't feel it's warmth any longer and was instead enveloped in a constant winter chill. She was not looking forward to it.

Professor Sprout walked along the sides of the tables in Greenhouse Two, giving corrections every once in a while. The early morning sun shone through the glass panels and onto the students standing at the center table, the cascading vines shielding the rest of the students from its glare. Once she finished her rounds, Sprout tended to a small plant at the head of the greenhouse. She cut off a few snips of leaves and swept them into a knit brown bag.

She scanned the room. This class was one of her worst behaved. Slytherin and Gryffindor. The arguments had only gotten worse since talk of him began. But for the moment, it was relatively quiet as the students were focused on diagnosing their specimens.

"Is anyone finished yet?" Sprout called aloud. She received no answer, but she began to walk towards a certain student anyway.

"Anastasia, how are you faring?"

"I'm finished. My Bubotuber has root rot so I repotted it and cut off the excess roots." Ana moved her potted Bubotuber so Sprout could see the small pile of roots on the table. "I'm just in the middle of cleaning up."

The professor gave her a validating hum and nod. "Don't you worry about it. Instead, I need you to bring this to Madam Pomfrey. If you don't dawdle, you'll be fine on time."

Anastasia left her bag in the care of Regulus, who shoved it underneath the table at his feet as he relentlessly tried to stuff his mandrake into a too-small pot. She internally winced at the thought of her pristinely folded charms essay being crumpled and caked in dirt.

She smiled at a few teachers that she walked past on her way. She was raised to be polite, so polite she would be. Once she reached the Hospital Wing, Ana slowly opened the door. The last thing she wanted to do was interrupt something.

Sh let herself in, closing the door behind her. "Madam Pomfrey?"

The nurse emerged from her office. Her apron and skirts were suspiciously bloody, and she looked rather rattled, but still kept a smile on her face.

"Is everything alright?" Ana asked. She kept switching her glance between the woman's eyes and her blood-stained apron, which was typically bleach white and creased to perfection.

Pomfrey waved her off. "The student will be okay. He's very accident-prone. Now how can I help you?"

That sounded a little far fetched to her, but Ana didn't question it further. "Professor Sprout asked me to bring this to you."