19 - F L O W E R S

Evangeline Carter

We headed down the stairs and saw Blaise, Pansy, and another girl in the common room. "Hey there love birds," said Blaise sitting on the couch. I looked at Pansy who had the biggest annoyed look on her face and she rolled her eyes. "Hey Eva, are you joining us tomorrow?" Asked Blaise.

"Joining what?" I asked.

"Every Saturday night we meet up here and smoke, usually it's just us but you can be the only exception."

Draco scoffed. "She has better things to do than hang out with you losers."

"Malfoy, are you not going to introduce me to your new friend?" Tracey Davis spoke up. She had brown skin with long curly hair. She was beautiful. She stood up and hugged me, catching me by surprise. "You are gorgeous!" I didn't know much about her. Only that she's a Slytherin who every guy wants to get with. We've never talked, whenever I would see her she would always be with Pansy whom I didn't like.

"Thank you, so are you," I replied.

"Come with us to Zonko's Joke Shop tomorrow morning!" Tracey said with an enthusiastic voice. "The Weasley twins always give me discounts."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Pansy added.

"No one invited you," said Blaise while laughing. "Besides Tracey, I think that's an amazing idea. I have to go there anyway, so I buy my drugs from them." I had no idea that Fred and George sold that. Although, it makes sense in a way.

"Great! It'd be a chance to get to know each other. I mean, after all, you're Malfoy's new girlfriend," said Tracey.

Why is she saying all this? Did Pansy send her? She probably likes Draco and this is some sick way of trying to get back at me.

I looked at Draco to see how he would react. I was expecting him to deny it or shrug. However, I couldn't read his expression, he simply looked bland. "We should go, it's getting late. Eva here likes to sleep early."

"Of course, because she's such a good girl, right?" Pansy interrupted.

Draco grabbed my hand and began leading me to the exit. "Wait! I'll see you tomorrow Eva?"Asked Tracey. I nodded my head yes and followed Draco out. He was awfully quiet, did what Tracey said bother him? Does he like her? I mean, I wouldn't blame him, she's absolutely beautiful. The only noises in the hallway were our footsteps. I decided to finally break the silence. "So, Tracey is really pretty."

He remained silent.

"You've never told me about her, it seems like you guys are close."

He remained silent.

"Are you two like, hooking up?" For the love of Merlin, please say no Draco.

He stopped walking and gave me a confused look. "What are you doing?" He questioned.

"It was just a question, why can't you answer it?"

"Tracey and I are not hooking up." He answered with a tone in his voice.

"Oh, okay. Would you ever want to?" I don't know what's gotten into me, it sort of just slipped out. I felt myself becoming clingy and annoying towards Draco, but I couldn't help it. I needed to know where we stood.

"No, I wouldn't do that to Blaise."

I gave him a confused look. It took me a couple of moments to figure it out. Merlin's beard Eva, you're such an idiot. "Oh, go Blaise!" I said with an enthusiastic voice. Just stop talking Eva, you're ruining everything.

We finally arrived outside the Ravenclaw common room and watched as the huge Eagle stared back at us. There was an awkward silence. "I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked. Draco nodded his head and began walking away.