15 - C H R I S T M A S P A R T Y

Evangeline Carter

The next day I woke up extra early to get ready. I looked across the room and saw that Charlotte was already gone.

I wanted to look good today, maybe a change would be good for me. I curled my long brown hair and wore my usual uniform. White collared shirt, blue tie, and dark skirt. Before I headed out I gave myself one last look in the mirror, something was missing.

Makeup.

I muffled a quick makeup spell, "Blendiarmus." I felt a slight tingle in my face but I noticed my skin looked a lot more smoother. The puffiness from my eyes was completely gone which was good because I was crying all night. I had rosy cheeks, red lips, and longer eyelashes. I could get used to this.

A sudden rose of confidence flowed over me, so I decided to change into a smaller skirt. Preferably the one since year three. It was extremely small but it hugged my bum bringing out my curves. I also slightly unbuttoned my top.

I began walking down the halls and felt everyone's eyes on me, looking at me up and down. I looked over at the Slytherin table looking for a blonde boy, but he wasn't there.

As I sat down Char whistled at me. "Merlin's fucking beard Eva, you look hot. If you were gay I'd totally"-

"Okay, we get it," interrupted Oliver while fake gagging. "Not while I'm eating Char."

I giggled. I looked across the table and noticed Harry looking in my direction. However, he wasn't looking at me, he was glaring at my chest. As soon as I caught him staring he immediately looked away, his face turned burning red.

I suddenly felt someone's fingers tap on my shoulder, I turned around and saw Elliot with two cups of coffee in his hands. "Hello there Eva, you look beautiful today. I mean, you look beautiful every day."

The last time I saw Elliot was him getting beat up by Draco, I noticed he still had a slight purple mark on his cheek. "Thank you, you're so sweet," I blushed.

He handed me over a cup. "Can I walk you to potions?"

"Of course." I stood up and saw Char and Oliver already smirking at me.

Elliot put his arm over my shoulder, and I let him. Perhaps this is good, Elliot is good for me. He's kind, thoughtful, and quite pleasant. I used to be drooling over him and now just because Draco gave me attention I completely forgot about him, how messed up is that?

"Do you have a date for Slughorn's Christmas party?"

Slughorn's Christmas party, it's today. I completely forgot. "No, I don't," I said.

"Well, would you like to go with me?"

"I'd love to."

We finally made it outside of Professor Slughorn's classroom, I saw Malfoy leaning against the wall with an angered face, nothing new. I waved Elliot goodbye and completely walked past Malfoy, trying my best to ignore him.

I walked inside the classroom and immediately saw Terence Higgs, blocking my way to my desk. As soon as he saw me he dropped his quill. I picked it up and handed it over to him. I didn't know much about him, only that he was in the Slytherin quidditch team.

"Thank you lovely," he said while smiling at me. We intensely stared at each other for a couple of moments. I smiled back at him and he dropped his quill once again.

"I'll get that for you." Just when I was about to reach for it again I felt someone's hands grab onto my waist.

"Pick it up yourself you fucking git," Malfoy growled and shoved him, still holding onto me. He grabbed onto my skirt, began lowering it, and buttoned my top, higher than it should be.