Hotel night 2

A bright flash of lightning shone through the windows. It lasted only a few seconds and a loud, roaring thunder rang through the air.
Breathing heavily, she woke up and sat up in bed. Bradley's arm was still wrapped around her as she sat beside him.
His eyes squinted and he tried to see something in the darkness.

What- what's wrong?

His hoarse, deep voice was no louder than a whisper.

B!

What's the matter, Stef? Did you have a nightmare?

Tired, he sat up too and leaned against the headboard. He stroked her back. Her small body slid to him and hugged his bare chest. His warm skin distracted her a bit until he asked again what was wrong with her.

You know you can tell me if you want or you can keep quiet, that's totally fine too. If I can help you in any way just let me know.

He squeezed her a little tighter against him and closed his eyes.

I was just scared. I hate thunderstorms!

I know, it's all right. We're fine, we're lucky to be here and not soaking wet. Imagine we could have been pulled through a laundry hailer so wet.

He managed to make her giggle a little.

I think I know the right thing for you now!

He tried to get up, but she wouldn't let go. Instead of saying anything, he just took her hand and pulled her with him. He couldn't see much in the light, but he managed to tip over the fruit bowl and get milk from the fridge. Every now and then, a flash of lightning lit up the room and offered a little more light. The thunder made her flinch, but as soon as she felt the light pressure of Bradley's hand, she relaxed a bit.

What are you doing?

Wait! Come with me to the bathroom.

He poured hot water into the fruit bowl and put the glass of milk in it.

I know that it won't be as delicious as my mom's, but I think it might help a little.

Next, he swirled some cocoa powder into the warm milk and carefully dried the glass with a towel.

Here is a warm cup with a, well, "hot" chocolate. When I was a little boy, my mom used to make me a hot chocolate when there was a thunderstorm.

She almost started crying because she thought his gesture was so cute. What other man would stand up at 3 am and try to make a warm cup of chocolate in a hotel room with a power outage? And also hold her hand the whole time because she was too scared? There was exactly one who did that and that was him. The man who had already won her heart.

You are just too sweet! Thank you so very much.

She put the cup on the table for a moment to hug him tightly.

Anything for you!

After they both pulled apart a little, she took a sip of the delicious drink.

It tastes like heaven! Thank you! Really!

Did you know that chocolate makes you happy? So when you eat or drink chocolate your brain spills happy hormones.

Ok Doctor Cooper!

She laughed a little again and Bradley loved it. He loved seeing her happy and would do anything to hear that laugh for the rest of his life.

But you know what makes me even happier?

There was a brief silence in the room and Bradley cleared his throat.

Eh no, what's that?

When I think about our time together. I'm so glad I met you and that our destinies crossed each others way, back then.

So am I.

She continued to drink her chocolate as they both walked back to her bed.

Thanks for always being there for me like this, B!

Oh, sweetheart.

It's really not of course!

For you it is!

She put the cup on the nightstand and groped on the other bed.

What are you looking for?

She took off her shirt, so that she stood in front of him only in her top. Then she took his sweater and pulled it over her head. She climbed back into her bed. Bradley lay back down next to her and let her snuggle up. He gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

Now get some rest. You don't have to be afraid, I'm here and if anything happens, I'll protect you!

I'll protect you too!

They both laughed a little. He felt her little hand on his skin and got a little goose bumps. Her hand was right over his heart. She could feel his fast heartbeat. Quietly he started humming a tune.

You're just too good to be true can't take my eyes off of you

Oh, it's Frank!

He whispered the words in her ear and again drew some circles on her back. Her eyes closed at his hoarse, soft voice and she just enjoyed the moment.

I love you baby and if it's quite all right
I need you baby to warm your lonely night
I love you baby trust in me when I say

It's beautiful!

Oh pretty baby don't bring me down I pray
Oh pretty baby come on and find you stay
And let me love you baby let me love you
... I love you Stef!

A sigh escaped her and she turned to him so that she could see his face, at least what she could see of it in the darkness.

I love you too!

Like two weak magnets, their lips drew closer and closer until they finally touched. A flash lit up the room again and it was like a picture for the gods. It was like a love movie, except this kiss was real. After connecting lips for at least a minute, they broke away and leaned their foreheads against each other.

I don't think I needed hot chocolate at all. You make me happy!

He chuckled.

You know what. Even though it's thunderstorming right now, it was a beautiful day!

Uhum.

She buried her face in his neck and tightened her grip around his body.

I love you, so much!

He felt her lips in a little kiss on his cheek. It lasted a brief moment, then he gathered her into his arms and turned on his back with her on top of him so he could hug her even more. Bradley put the two blankets over their bodies and watched her face for a bit more until they both fell asleep peacefully again, but this time knowing that they loved each other.