"Okay," Alice gave in. "I'll tell her. And you, have some fun, okay?"

"Okay," Evie laughed.

Alice left and Jasper led Evie to her family before leaving to probably join Alice. Even though Evie told her pixie friend she would loosen up, it was hars for Evie to do so. Jacob was just filling her mind. She didn't know what to do. She wanted to hug him yet she wanted to punch him. She wanted to tell him how much she missed him yet she wanted to shout at him how much he hurt her. She was lost. Evie thought she would be happy to see him back yet she felt anger too. It was confusing.

Evie took a deep breath and slightly slapped her face. It was a joyful day, she shouldn't be all sad. She took a deep breath and slightly shook her head. But as she refocus on her surroundings, Evie noticed the absence of her younger brother.

"Mom, where's Seth?" Evie asked.

"He smelled the pack so he went to meet them," Mrs. Clearwater explained.

Evie nodded and told her mom she too would meet them. But as she got closer to the wood, she heard rising voices full of anger. Evie didn't have to guess who it was.

"I mean, it's really none of your business," Evie heard Bella said.

"No! You can't do this!" Jacob shouted. Evie wasn't surprised to know it would have been between them two.

"Jake-" Bella tried but was cut off.

"Listen to me, Bella,"

"Jake, let me go!" Bella raised her voice.

"Jacob, calm down, all right?" Edward said.

Evie was standing a few meters away from them. Bella was standing behind Edward, clinging on his arm.

"Are you out of your mind? Huh? You'll kill her!" Jacob angrily told Edward as he menacingly took a few steps at him.

At the same moment, Seth rushed to stop Jacob by taking hold of him.

"Walk away, Jake," Seth tried to restrain Jacob but the latter just push him out of the way. Evie didn't wait anymore second to step in. She quickly made her way towards them as Quil and Embry tried to break up the commotion too. But again, Jacob pushed them out of the way. Jacob turned back towards Edward but Evie then appeared in front of him and firmly stopped Jacob by grabbing his shoulder. The latter seemed taken aback by her intervention.

"You can't disappear for two months and ruin everything," she firmly said, trying to contain her anger. But beneath of all this, she was all shaken. Being so close to him, feeling his body. He was really here. It was all real. Hearing his voice, smeling his scent, feeling his warm... she missed it. She craved for it. Evie wanted to throw herself into his arms but she knew better than to do that. She was angry, mad, furious. He left without saying anything. He left her behind. He broke his promise. She wouldn't forgive him that easily.

"Evie-" Jacob said, calmer but she didn't let him the chance to say anything else. She held tighter his shoulder, making him wince in the process.

"Leave," she ordered. Jacob looked at her confused, hurt. "You're not gonna start something that we'll have to finish,"

"She'll die," Jacob said. "She's your friend as much as mine-"

"Enough, Jacob!" Sam stepped in. "She's not our concern anymore,"

Jacob clenched his jaw and glared at Sam. He finally gave in and walked away, not forgetting to purposely bumped into Sam. The latter turned away to leave. Quil and Embry followed him. Embry looked a moment at Evie before leaving.

The Clearwater middle child was quite troubled. She already missed him. She wanted Jacob near her. But right now wasn't the moment.

"Seth, Evie, let's go," Sam ordered.

Evie sighed and turned to the newly married couple.

"I'm so sorry for that," she apologised. She then walked to her brother and cupped his face. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, don't worry about me. You?" He asked.

"I'm fine," she reassured as she gently kissed his forehead. The two Clearwaters turned one last time to Bella and Edward apologistically before going into the woods.

Evie and Seth were the last one to enter Sam's house. The entire pack was there, minus Sarah. As soon as Evie stepped inside, Leah stood up and hugged her sister. The oldest Clearwater must knew how weird it would be for Evie. When she got the text from Sam saying Jacob was back the first thing she wanted to do was going to her sister. Well, actually, the first thing she wanted to do was beating up Jacob but she figured it wouldn't be a good idea. She should have her sister's permission first.

Leah broke away and wrapped her arm around Seth's shoulder. The Clearwaters went to stood by the kitchen counter. Emily quickly went to be by Evie's side. The Clearwater family were like guarding Evie, being her pillars, and protecting her.

"So," Paul started. "If you all are here so early, it means you ruined the wedding, Jake,"

"Almost," Quil said.

Jacob only rolled his eyes. But the wedding was the least of his worry now. His eyes moved to Evie. She was beautiful. The most beautiful being on earth. She was even more beautiful than the last he saw her, the day before when she was watching the peaceful sea.

"What about Billy?" Jared asked.

"I sent Sarah fetching him and Sue," Sam said.

"So, man, what you have been up to during those two months?" Paul asked but then Aaron nudged him, as if to tell him to shut up.

He then remember all the situation between Jacob and Evie. The latter looked at Jacob. She was actually curious to know what he did. The Black boy glanced at her before looking away. He seemed miserable. He couldn't even hold her gaze. He must feel terrible. And he should.

"Mostly northern Canada. I think," Jacob quietly said. "It's weird to be back on two legs again, in clothes. Gotten out of practice with the whole human thing,"

So he wanted to leave a life as a wolf, just like in the legends. He was willing to do that for Bella? Why did Evie even asked, she knew the answer. And it made her mad. Anger was slowly rising inside her. She wasn't mad at Bella. She was mad at Jacob.

But was it really the case? Did Jacob really did for Bella? Or was there something else? Something unknown to Evie?

Evie took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. She was feeling her body temperature going up. Emily softly rubbing her and Seth taking her hand. The pack felt the tension. Sam saw how bothered Evie looked. He briefly looked at his imprintee but Emily just reassuringly smiled at him. Evie had the best self control after all.

But even with that, standing here, in the same room as him as if two whole months hadn't passed was weird. She felt his glances on her. Even though he wanted to look away, Jacob's eyes would always come back to her. And the way she was so beautifully dressed wasn't helping. But Jacob wasn't the only one who kept glancing at Evie. Embry was too. Saying that he wasn't at the loss of word when he saw her back at the Cullens would be a lie. Her makeup, her dress, her hair, she was even more beautiful than she usually was. He wanted to talk to her. He wanted to talk about what happened at the beach. But now that Jacob was back, it wouldn't be easy. And Embry knew he couldn't hide it to Jacob. Because the entire pack knew. So when they would phase, Jacob would know. And Embry couldn't get the entire pack to keep the secret. Besides, he didn't want to. Embry was ready to face the consequences.

Evie sighed again. The tension was clearly palpable. The atmosphere was thick and cold. Not taking it, Evie decided to leave. She needed time. She needed to reflect.

"I'm tired, I'm going home," she said, breaking the silence. Ignoring all the eyes that was on her, she headed out of the house.

"It was a long night so," she heard Seth says before hearing footsteps. Soon, both Seth and Leah were by her side.

"Let's go home," Leah said.

--
A/N: little teaser: Everything is not what it seems...

True Feelings: Complications | Twilight Jacob Black [2]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें