𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓫𝓸𝓻𝓷 𝓼𝓲𝓬𝓴, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓲𝓽

WARNING: This characters backstory does include subjects such as homophobia and forced religion. If this is a trigger for you please skip this character or we can have a conversation about it.

 If this is a trigger for you please skip this character or we can have a conversation about it

𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵 𝓲𝓷𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷~

𝓝𝓪𝓶𝓮:
Asa Jackson
𝓝𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓶𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰:
Asa: A healer
Jackson: Merciful God
𝓐𝓰𝓮:
18
𝓑𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓱𝓭𝓪𝔂:
May 1st
𝓩𝓸𝓭𝓲𝓪𝓬:
Taurus
𝓔𝓽𝓱𝓷𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂:
British
𝓖𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓽𝔂:
Soft masculine
𝓢𝓮𝔁𝓾𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂:
Closeted homosexual
𝓜𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓪𝓵 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓽𝓱:
Pretty severe anxiety
Problems with a passive personality
𝓟𝓱𝔂𝓼𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓵 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓽𝓱:
Pretty physically healthy, but his anxiety sometimes has physical effects such as shakiness, nausea, headaches etc
𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂:
Asa isn't sure what his actual personality is. His whole life, he's been shaped by his parents and wider family and their strictly religious ideals. All he knows is what they want him to be, what he needs to do to please them. He's become almost mute, only really speaking when spoken to and not saying a word out of place. He agrees with anything he's told to do, especially if it comes from his mother or father. Asa's whole personality is really whatever people want him to be. He's extremely helpful, passive, and really just does whatever is asked of him. In the few moments of bliss he has, he's quite a soft spoken and sweet guy; always trying to make others happy or make them smile in any way he can. He craves the comfort and company of others to an almost desperate degree though there isn't much he can do about it.

As a young child, Asa wasn't much different. He was pretty shy growing up, and didn't have many friends despite being a very sweet boy. This led to him being pretty isolated from any other views than his strictly religious ones. He's slowly realised that he doesn't agree with the same things his family does, however is much too scared to go against them in any way. He doesn't have the support or bravery to do so

𝓐𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮~

𝓔𝔂𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓻:Sky blue𝓗𝓪𝓲𝓻 𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓻: Light blonde𝓗𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽:5ft 6 // 167 cm𝓦𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽:115 lb // 53 kg𝓟𝓲𝓮𝓻𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼/𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓸𝓸𝓼:N/A𝓢𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓼/𝓹𝓱𝔂𝓼𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓵 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓫𝓾𝓽𝓮𝓼:Asa is very pale, and always seems to have...

𝓔𝔂𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓻:
Sky blue
𝓗𝓪𝓲𝓻 𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓻:
Light blonde
𝓗𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽:
5ft 6 // 167 cm
𝓦𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽:
115 lb // 53 kg
𝓟𝓲𝓮𝓻𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼/𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓸𝓸𝓼:
N/A
𝓢𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓼/𝓹𝓱𝔂𝓼𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓵 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓫𝓾𝓽𝓮𝓼:
Asa is very pale, and always seems to have a flush to his cheeks and nose.
He has a slight gap between his two front teeth that he's slightly insecure of, and has a tendency to push his tongue against it or pout his lips when he's thinking.

𝓔𝔁𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓼~
𝓟𝓪𝓼𝓽/𝓑𝓪𝓬𝓴𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂:
Asa was raised as strictly catholic from day one. He's the only son in his family, and was homeschooled from a young age so he wasn't able to get any information to change his mind. So, as a child, he was completely dedicated to his religion. He was his parent's golden child and he did everything he could to please them.. Despite their extremely toxic views. Asa wasn't really able to understand what was going on when he was little, not able to understand that the "discipline" was bad or anything of the sort.

It was only when he was about 14 that Asa really began to change. He'd finally been allowed social media with his parent's guidance, and became aware of many more things. His views took a complete U-turn, as did really everything his parents thought of him.

Having not had any contact with anyone who wasn't straight or cis, Asa didn't know that his parents would view it as a sin. He first bought his attraction to boys up in a casual conversation, which immediately turned bad. Asa was chastised strongly; shouted at by both parents, spat on, forced to pray and see his pastor.. it was miserable. He was miserable.

Despite being older now and not following his faith at all, Asa has no way of escaping any of this. He works with his mother in the florist, often manning it himself on the weekends. However, this means his money is completely controlled by his parents, just like every other aspect of his life.

𝓛𝓲𝓴𝓮𝓼/𝓕𝓪𝓿𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓼:
Being at the florist without his mother, his Maine Coon cat Tofu, any time he has on his own, reading romance novels, cryptids and old folk-lore, day dreaming, soft clothes and blankets, affection of any sort, dreaming of what his future could be, being able to talk to new people at work.
𝓓𝓲𝓼𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮𝓼/𝓛𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓕𝓪𝓿𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓼:
His parents, the pastor, his religion and anything to do with it, any homophobia, racism, ableism etc, having to hide his true self, talking about his family or his past, raised voices, signs of aggression or anger, being controlled, his anxiety and panic attacks
𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓷𝓮𝓻:
Someone confident and understanding, able to give him the bravery he doesn't yet have to actually be himself, preferably very romantic too
𝓡𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓵:
An absolute hopeless romantic, just quite secretive about it

Scenario:
Falling in love with the boy in the flower shop was such an old cliche..
It's in all the stories, all those cute little novels people write about strangers falling in love.
Why did you have to adhere to a dammed cliche?
It started slow.. You didn't even need to go in there at first.. Just walking past when someone caught your eye. Fluffy blonde hair, rosy cheeks dimpled with a smile and a flurry of freckles.. How could you ignore that?
The next day you walked past again.. A woman was there this time, and the boy wasn't smiling. Yet there was still an air of melancholy beauty around him..

You figured out through your secret journeys that the flower shop boy was Asa; and through your own observations, he seemed much happier when the woman (believed to be his mother) wasn't there. So.. One day where you had more confidence than usual, you just walked on on.

You didn't need flowers, and before that day you weren't even much of a fan of them.. However, since that first meeting, you sort of fell in love with them... You now returned to Asa once a week, more if you could. Always chatting to him as long as possible. Trying to make him smile, make him blush..

Today was another one of those days. The shop was completely empty minus Asa, currently with his back to you tending to a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers and humming a soft tune to himself..