Holding Hands

Today would just be a normal day. There hasn't been news of a special exam, so today would have little to no meaning, thus making it forgettable. However, for some, it will not be forgettable. For everyone has their personal circumstances, whether it be positive or negative, that has an impact on their day. For me, today would be a memorable day. Because it marks the first day of walking to school with her.

“What are you daydreaming of, Kiyotaka? You better not get lewd ideas...” the person besides me says, distancing herself away from me as an exaggeration to her remark.

“It's nothing,” I'm sure she would be embarrassed to know what I had been thinking about, “Anyway, I was wondering. What are we going to do with our relationship?”

“What do you mean, Kiyotaka?”

“I mean whether or not we will keep it a secret.”

“Oh, you are correct, Kiyotaka. We need to do something about that, Kiyotaka.”

Is it me, or is she exploiting the use of my name?

“What do you think? Should we hide it?” I ask.

What would be troublesome is being surrounded by people over such a ‘strange' topic. Not to mention, that man, Sudo...

“It's alright, isn't it? We are both lonely people, so we may not gain any attention even if we make our relationship apparent. Besides, I don't think anyone would care too much.”

Wording it like that stings a little, if I were to be honest. But she has a point. Considering our social shortcomings, I doubt anyone would care about us. But lately, I feel as though Suzune has been gaining popularity among the 1st years. Especially after the last exam.

“We'll have to wait and see, I suppose.”

Considering all possibilities, I may not be able to enjoy my high school life if we simply hide our relationship. On the other hand, I do not prefer having attention sprung onto me suddenly. However we cannot ascertain the possibility of the latter, so I guess it won't hurt to ‘express our love’ in front of the public.

“Huh?”

In the midst of my contemplation, a soft hand embraces my right hand. A hand so inconceivably soft and warm. I never had this feeling before. A feeling of affection.

“D-Don’t look this way."

How can I not? She held my hand ever so suddenly.

I guess, this is how couples live their lives. I’m surprised Horikita- I’m surprised Suzune was able to carry out such romantic deed.

Though, I do not complain.

"You're daring."

"Wha- just shut up, will you!"

"It was a joke..."

"It better be..." she looks up at the sky, watching the clouds move,“I've never held a boy's hand before, only my brother's, so don't judge me...”

“Why would I judge you? Is this not your way to express your love?”

“H-Hey. Don't say those things out loud...”

“I apologize, but I should also thank you.”

“Huh?”

“No one has ever held my hand, let alone a girl. This is a first.”

“Really!?”

“Why would I lie about that?”

“That's true...” She squeezes my hand tighter, “Then, I'll give you a lifetime's worth of affection in this. Y-You better receive it.”

It's weird. It's as if I've seen a new side of her. As if she's showing a side she has only shown to her brother. The side Suzune caged away, and it would remain caged until she has met someone worthy of opening it. I guess I should feel lucky that I was the one chosen.

Though, who knew holding a girl's hand would create such a soothing feeling?

“You know, people are staring...” It's unusual to gather this many stares, especially for someone like me. Suzune, on the other hand, doesn't seem too fazed by it.

“And? What about it, Kiyotaka? Do you, perhaps, dislike having your hand held by me, Kiyotaka? Is that true, Kiyotaka? Don't you dare lie, Kiyotaka.”

“I don't mind having my hand held, but I do mind someone throwing my name around as if it was a petty toy.”

“Oh, do you not like it, Kiyotaka?”

“I'll have you banned from using my name if you continue to exploit it.”

“Really? And who are you to command me?”

I could tell, as soon as she said that, she, herself, knew she had lost the argument.

“I’m your boyfriend.”

Main account: https://www.wattpad.com/user/Diefeel:

I know my chapters are short, but I do that as to not waste too much of your time. However, if you want me to expand these parts, please tell me in the comments! (Lengthening chapters means you will wait more time)
Thanks for reading!