SELFLESS ( 사심이 없는 )

Start from the beginning

Or maybe, Taehyung wouldn't feel so useless.

The male sighed as his head leaned against the door while his thin fingers brushed against the doorknob.

Or maybe, those were just excuses as Taehyung knew that he could not interfere between Sora's and Yoongi's story, as he was merely a supportive character of their life.

Abruptly, the labrador hybrid's ear twitched when he heard the sound of a chair moving and steps coming his way. He took a step back before the woman suddenly swung the door open, crashed against his chest, and took a step back in surprise.

Taehyung caught her on time and muttered a sorry before he showed her his usual grin.

" Shall I accompany you back to your office? "

Sora shook her head and replied, " Jin is going to scold you if you don't go back to work. I'm fine now, Taehyung. Sorry for worrying you. "

With wide eyes, the blond-haired male stared at his friend and sighed. " Is that so? Then I should go as you said. " His big hand traveled to her head and gently stroked her hair, " Call me if you need anything, or if... "

" If I find Yoongi. Yeah, I will. Don't worry. "

Sora waved at her friend before she walked back to proceed with her job.

She was thankful that Namjoon listened to her outburst and offered to leave work earlier than usual.

She was now able to advance with her plan.

After meeting Lee Beomgyu, one of the victims that had been kidnapped, Sora became more determined to find Yoongi.

Carefully, she walked toward her office and threw the documents on her desk before she took another file from her bag and proceeded to study it.

All the information she had dug on the Song's family was inside. From the way, they had grown their wealth, to the rumors surrounding their house.

Everything she needed was inside.

The young woman then stood up from her seat and put her things away as it was time for her to leave the Center. She walked down the hall and felt the few stares from her coworkers who knew about her situation.

They gazed at her as if she was a glass that was about to break. Something small and weak that needed reassurance.

As much as Sora disliked those stares, she couldn't hate them. After all, she made it that way.

For the past few days, Sora pretended to be at her breaking point. To be a weak woman that was at the bottom of the pit of hell without her hybrid. And in all honesty, a part of her did feel this way. However, that was without counting in her determination to protect what was hers.

To preserve the promise she made to Yoongi. To protect him and get him back home.

Taking another exit to leave the Center, Sora prudently walked in the streets and hid her face with a mask and a cap. The FPH would usually send officers who would accompany her back home and watch her house, but that's not what she needed right now.

As much she appreciated their effort, they were too much of a hassle and were in the way to execute her somewhat foolish plan.

Around the same time, at the Rose Cosmetic building, a heated conversation between two individuals has been occurring.

" Song Hyejin! "

The young woman winced at the sound of her name rolling off her father's tongue.